Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Window limit reached

Not sure about why - I have only 1 window open.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Window limit reached

If I remember correctly the stock browser on stock unrooted OS is a 4 window limit. I would try going into Settings>Apps>Manage Apps>Browser.apk (or browser) and clear cache/data.

Note you may loose you settings in the browser and possibly any bookmarks but it may also resolve your window limit problem/bug.

See if that helps...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I found the cache under the Phone settings somewhere, it wasn't actually under the 'apps', etc. I'll keep an eye on it to see if that did the trick.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    If I remember correctly the stock browser on stock unrooted OS is a 4 window limit. I would try going into Settings>Apps>Manage Apps>Browser.apk (or browser) and clear cache/data.

[WARN]Note you may loose you settings in the browser and possibly any bookmarks but it may also resolve your window limit problem/bug.
    [/WARN]
    See if that helps...
    Ugggghhhh the horrors... I remember the "one too many cards" error from my Pre days...
    "Its only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything"

Tyler Durden

HTC Touch --> Samsung Instinct --> HTC Touch Pro --> Palm Pre --> Epic 4G

I downloaded Dolphin, an alternative browser. When the app exits it gives you an option to clear the cache. That seems to have worked.

Thank you so muchThanks

Thank you