1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it just me?

Is it just me... or does no new Android device look appealing. Personally, I liked my Epic 4G.. didn't love it.. but I liked it.. I have an upgrade coming up.. but I can't really find a reason to. Nothing is really too different. Just dual cores and more RAM.

It seems like the Android innovations are slowing down and companies are REACHING. Like dual screen phones.

Anyone wanna weigh in?

Default Re: Is it just me?

Yes your correct on the lack of big advancements which is fine in my book. I think the carriers and device makers need to play catch up with hardware to software optimization. You can come out with all the fancy hardware you want but if the software doesn't gel with the hardware then its not really worth it.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

There's a lot of effort being put into the design of phones. Look at the Evo 4g and blogs post the lead designer posted a few weeks ago.

http://www.androidcentral.com/beauti...ribed-designer

The problem is that there is only so much you can do to minimize the bulk and mass of a 4.3 + screen phone. That's why we have these "slabs" in the market.

Though a nice looking phone would be nice, a well developed, usable OS and UI would be my preference over exterior look.
    Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing. There just isnt much you can do when the screen is 4.x inches.
    Not to meniton the basic android lineup has 4 soft buttons.
    I was a huge fan of the Captivate but Sprint never got it.
    I will admit i gave up my EVO 4G for an EPIC due to the better performance (once i rooted it and put a custom ROM on there) and the screen in my opinion was so much better. But with the 3D getting an upgrade its a lot closer.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Agree. I'm waiting to see about the next nexus. Also thinking of switch to Verizon as Sprint network is not keeping up.

3d is a joke. I'm very near sighted (VERY) and can't see it anyway, I don't want to have to unfocus my eyes, or where 2 pairs of glasses. nice 2d don't well on a good screen is just fine in my book.

I think optimization, more use of the gpu's in software and better software response and stability should be the focus. my epic is more powerful that my PC was just 2 pc's ago for goodness sake. that's insane enough to be carrying in my pocket.

I feel ya. I'm not compelled at all to give up my Epic. I'm due for an upgrade and I'm letting my fiance have it

ROM
    CM10 Alpha

Give me a Galaxy S II with well written software and ill be happy

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

i think ill wait for the Nexus Prime to land on Sprint.....wait..is that a samsung phone..

Word on the street is that the Prime will be a Droid branded phone and therefore a Verizon exclusive. That might have been why they wanted no part of the GSII....they wanted something better.

In other news, I'm upgrading my network.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk