sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I looked for this before but I couldn't find anything. I apologize if this was already covered. I was curious, since the Epic uses a specific .7A charger would it be safe to use any other charger or just the one provided? My girlfriend has a blackberry and I hate having to go around stuff to unplug my charger, would it be safe to use hers or any other micro-usb charger for that matter?

blitzen89

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I do it all the time :D... havent run into any problems... in fact Ive had to use my gf's blackberry cable sometimes to transfer data... the stock cables not very good

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use an assortment of micro-usb chargers throughout the day.
I use the stock charger to top off while I'm sleeping, my wife's BB charger occasionally, just cables plugged into my work computer, Motorola branded chargers, and a 12v-dual usb plug with standard wires in the car.

The .5, .7, 1.0 is the maximum rate the charger can output 5v power. So, if your wife's BB charger is a .5, it will take your phone a decent while to charge. Using greater than .7 will either be regulated by the phone, or result in a quicker charge time. Either way, as long as you're using a proper pinned micro usb plug, you won't damage anything.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I do it all the time :D... havent run into any problems... in fact Ive had to use my gf's blackberry cable sometimes to transfer data... the stock cables not very good

Same here, got them stashed everywhere...I did have one though that came from Walmart that prevented me from unlocking the screen while plugged in. It was the same for both our Epics, so I returned this particular one. I've bought another prior from there and never had that problem, so it may have been just a bad charger. You may also like a wall charger and spare battery. Wall chargers can more easily charge a battery to full than your phone does, plugged into a charger.

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here, got them stashed everywhere...I did have one though that came from Walmart that prevented me from unlocking the screen while plugged in. It was the same for both our Epics, so I returned this particular one. I've bought another prior from there and never had that problem, so it may have been just a bad charger. You may also like a wall charger and spare battery. Wall chargers can more easily charge a battery to full than your phone does, plugged into a charger.

Ditto

I have many micro usb chargers, 2 extra batteries, a wall charger, & an ext desk top charger.
I found that no matter what, if you use your phone at all, an andriod will flat wipe out a battery.
So rather than leaving my phone on life support all the time, when the batt goes dead I swap it out & move on.
I have found that the charge seems to last longer when charged on an external charger.

Also micro usb is a universal standard, they should all work if they function correctly. Should not cause any damage to the devise.

nathan513

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I also use a bunch of different branded chargers, without issue. Another item that I recently bought, and don't leave the house without, is a portable battery-operated charger from Sprint. I think it was $40, but well worth it in my opinion. My job has me out on the road and using my gps a lot, and due to the nature of my job I don't always know what vehicle I'm going to be in and may be away from the vehicle for extended periods of time. You just plug it into the wall to charge the internal battery. It also has a built in micro usb cable and a usb plug so you could be charging the internal battery and two usb devices all at the same time (great travel charger). When I'm out and about, I just plug the phone into the built in micro usb cable and put them in my back pocket while charging. It will fully charge the battery and works great while on the airplane also. I wish I would have known about it sooner - just fyi...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz