Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 'Failed' text messages

Anyone getting failed text messages when they are trying to send out a text?? I've been rebooting my stock Froyo Epic like 10 times now and I'm STILL getting this problem!! Is this a phone problem or Sprint problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ROM
    AOKP'ing it.

Default Re: 'Failed' text messages

What's your signal like when you send messages? Are you in a limited coverage area when you're trying to send messages? That only happens to me when I have low signal. Any other time, it's fine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Donmeister85 View Post
    What's your signal like when you send messages? Are you in a limited coverage area when you're trying to send messages? That only happens to me when I have low signal. Any other time, it's fine.
    Ahh ok that may explain it. I'm in my apartment which gets horrible reception. My brother who has verizon gets bad reception here as well so its most likely that my place just so happens to be in a limited coverage area within the vast NYC area. Just my luck!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

To be fair here though, this problem just started happening 3 days ago. I should've had this problem from the beginning if that was the case!
    Retired Ambassador

I have a very bad signal at home. Call support and tell them. They sent me an air rave device for free. Now I have a great signal anywhere in my house. If you have a bad signal at home sprint will provide it for free.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by keithvetter View Post
    I have a very bad signal at home. Call support and tell them. They sent me an air rave device for free. Now I have a great signal anywhere in my house. If you have a bad signal at home sprint will provide it for free.

Wow, thats good to know! Thanks!

To the OP do you have an Airvana Airave? I am having the exact same problem as well as duplicate messages coming in afterwards. I had a Samsung Airave for 2 years and had absolutely no problem with it or my Palm Pre. Then I upgraded to the Nexus S and the new Airvana and still had no problems until about 2 weeks ago. Then I started having a problem like you of sending messages out. Then I got messages and they kept coming, the same message, about every half hour or so. I called Sprint, they knew nothing about it, troubleshot my problem, decided it was my phone. They replaced my launch day Nexus with a refurb and I still continue to have the problem. Another call to Sprint and they thought it was was my router or internet connection. Nope, that is all good so they are sending me a new Airave. I can text message out if I disconnect the Airave but then my signal is so low. So, don't be so quick to get an Airave, it might make your problems worse. If you get it for free, give it a try but don't be too surprised if it gives you more problems. The reason I posted here is because my husband has an Epic and he does not suffer any of these problems. Came over here to see if any of you are having the problem and I see you are. Now to see what the new Airave will do......
    Retired Ambassador

I have had no problems with my air rave with my epic.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I had the same problem as Mary, as far as the duplicate incoming messages go. My only solution was to disconnect the Airvana. It has been boxed up for nearly a year now...I always forget to return it to the store. Since Sprint made the deal with Google Voice I hardly use the phone at home anyway. I send my texts via an app for Google Chrome and receive my calls via Magic Jack.