4 buttons at the bottom stopped working...

damillatime

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So over a month ago the four buttons at the bottom (settings, home, back, and search) stopped working whenever I had my keyboard slid out. And now just recently, the four buttons stopped working even when the keyboard is not out. Now I am forced to use the faux buttons' counterparts on the keyboard (very annoying). The weird thing is the buttons still light up with no problems and register a flash when I press them. Just no vibration.
I just did Odin'd back to stock ECO5 (rooted) hoping that would fix the problem. It did not. Now I'm hoping someone out there has a file I can flash before I'm forced to unroot my phone and take it in to Sprint.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So over a month ago the four buttons at the bottom (settings, home, back, and search) stopped working whenever I had my keyboard slid out. And now just recently, the four buttons stopped working even when the keyboard is not out. Now I am forced to use the faux buttons' counterparts on the keyboard (very annoying). The weird thing is the buttons still light up with no problems and register a flash when I press them. Just no vibration.
I just did Odin'd back to stock ECO5 (rooted) hoping that would fix the problem. It did not. Now I'm hoping someone out there has a file I can flash before I'm forced to unroot my phone and take it in to Sprint.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Instead of using Odin to go back to EC05, grab procedure #2 from the thread below and go back to Froyo EB13. This normally clears up most issues/problems because we know from certain the Froyo EB13 tar is official from Samsung. The EC05 tar in circulation were not so sure about and hasn't given everyone the best results...
[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

If that doesn't work after returning to Froyo EB13 and allowing it to OTA to Froyo EC05 then you may in fact have a hardware issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci