[ACS][How to] Everything EI22 Gingerbread

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
For rooted phones:

Here is how to:
How to install EI22 Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 on the Samsung Epic 4G (Alternative) - YouTube

How to root EI22:
How to root EI22 Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Nandroid on Samsung Epic 4G - YouTube

How to update to the EI22 modem from the EC05 modem:
uploading

For stock phones:

Here is how to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H6k-WNcpcA

Here is how to root and clockworkmod from stock EI22 Gingerbread:
How to root the Samsung Epic 4G on Froyo and Gingerbread - YouTube

And here is a review of it:
EI22 Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 on the Samsung Epic 4G - YouTube

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

rdybala

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][How to] Update to EI22 Gingerbread 2.3.5

2nd! HOLY *expletive deleted*!!!! It's finally here??????????

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Cool... hopefully official isn't too far off! My friend's Photon has the CRT off animation... i really like that.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Is this something a guy like me ( I have a stock Epic and have never installed any custom rom's etc. ) could try to do? I checked out the youtube video, and it looks pretty straightforward. It sounds like I will 1st have to install the 'ClockworkMod' - is there anything special about this install that I'd need to be aware of?

Or, is this something that should be left to someone with more experience?

garapueto

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I read that the EI22 modem is not available. Does that mean if we proceed with this, something will not work? If so, what exactly?

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I watched qbking's video's and read through the latest EI22 stuff over on xda. Odin'ed the EH17 modem (since i was on something older). Converted to rfs and did the system restore using the ei22 file. Pretty simple. Now to get all my contacts/apps/etc back up to speed.

edit: f all this jazz. I'm not gonna get my phone all set back up til the OTA is out or some ROMs roll out. I broke swype trying to flash a themed one. I know, my fault, but i'm not gonna spend the rest of my night playing with my phone. Got es on deez nutzz lol

Last edited:

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Is this something a guy like me ( I have a stock Epic and have never installed any custom rom's etc. ) could try to do?

If I had known they'd begin to release the update the day after I decided to try to root my phone I'd have done it a long time ago...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the acs website down? i was trying to get the cwm file but the connection was showing down.
I know ACS was doing some sort of server change over or something yesterday, maybe something is still ongoing or messed up at the moment..

QueenBe11

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried to do the Gingerbread update, but I don't have the folder "clockworks" that Im supposed to put the folder into?

I'm not good at this stuff, but figured I would give it a try, any help or suggestions are welcome

djboydva

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The last message I get is

Verifying current system...
assert failed.....
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.[/INDENT]

Any help with this issue is appreciated. BTW I have already done a factory reset from a rooted phone,

ariessilva

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure but I had to do a full reset of my rooted phone in order to get gingerbread to install. The factory reset out of a rooted phone was not enough. You have to go back to stock. I followed the instructions on the main GB update thread. I tried to post link for you but I was not able to, sorry.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The last message I get is

Verifying current system...
assert failed.....
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.[/INDENT]

Any help with this issue is appreciated. BTW I have already done a factory reset from a rooted phone,

I know some have done it supposably, installing the manual update via CWM (ClockWorkMod) recovery but for the sake of making things "work" I would recommend restoring to stock Froyo EC05 and then you can do the manual update.

Procedure #1

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun