Updated to Gingerbread yesterday. What's different?

brody8898

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
What should be different in GB. I really notice no difference other than the notification area looking different.

Also, all my contects are stored to the phone, how do I merge them to my Google account?

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What should be different in GB. I really notice no difference other than the notification area looking different.

Also, all my contects are stored to the phone, how do I merge them to my Google account?

Go to official Sprint Epic GB release thread and you will see full delta list.

Use the Import/Export option from contacts. Export to SD card, then turn around and import. You should get a prompt to Phone or Google account.

via Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As I have said to others... This is a lot more than visual aspects.. It is highly optimized for our devices & processors...

Many people are reporting very snappy... Better than Froyo...

Many little bugs from Froyo fixed.. Some are not like GPS for some...

There is a lot of behind the scenes fixes and updates that the user doesn't really see but its there to help and improve the device.. Compared to Froyo updates this seems to be working out as the best update yet.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Most obvious so far:

- Better bluetooth reception
- Faster overall performance
- Much improved battery life

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
no keyboard lag
better gps for me so far
fixed my keyboard in and out screen rotation lag
date on lock screen (i find that super handy)
my phone "feels" peppier and a bit more snappy in responsiveness

Hoping it fixed the bluetooth issues, but I haven't had a chance to test it out with plantronics voyager 755 yet.

garapueto

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I gotta admit I'm getting some fantastic battery life on initial review! It may change as I continue to get everything installed and running again, but in the mean time, I'm noticing a massive difference! Add this along with soon getting the 1800mah battery and I'm golden. So happy this finally came out!

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
huge battery improvement...was holding off root waiting for GB, am now rooted and loving this phone as much as my old pre.
I am also having huge battery improvement. I also enjoy the battery status. Much more information. I have noticed that instead of my screen hogging most of the usage it now is the Android System with battery life much improved.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have tried to uninstall them via Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/Qik then uninstall and it won't allow it then its bloatware that can't remove without rooting your device.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. A massive help.

**side note** It does seem like I'm getting better battery life now.

Sorry, perhaps a bit impulsive on my part. I think the biggest change is reception, the EI22 modem should be pulling in a much stronger signal, of course if you root, then you can see massive changes in performance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463