Notification Light???

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I put this in the bug thread but was wondering if anyone else was having this issue:

Whenever my screen goes into standby (turns off), my notification light starts blinking red. There are no new messages but the LED continues to blink every 45 sec or so. Also the red LED stays on whenever the phones screen is on (something I never noticed before)

This did not happen until gingerbread was installed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have go sms but it still does it after removing the app. Just looked at my friends topic that I updated yesterday add his doesn't do it. His LED also doesn't stay continually on when the screen is turned on.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have go sms but it still does it after removing the app. Just looked at my friends topic that I updated yesterday add his doesn't do it. His LED also doesn't stay continually on when the screen is turned on.

Keith, I hate to mention this but have you thought about a factory reset from Settings/Privacy?

Could just be a bit of code or a little nasty bug hiding in there that needs to be cleared out from the update... .

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a custom ROM? Just asking because I have a droid X2 and was using a ROM that had an LED bug that kept the light on and stuff.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a custom ROM? Just asking because I have a droid X2 and was using a ROM that had an LED bug that kept the light on and stuff.

I can assure you Keith is not rooted and not running a custom ROM. You can get the details from him but, he has his reasons...

Edit: Kind of scary when I know my regulars in the Epic 4g section this well... Not personally but I know a good bit of history on many of them.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I can assure you Keith is not rooted and not running a custom ROM. You can get the details from him but, he has his reasons...

Edit: Kind of scary when I know my regulars in the Epic 4g section this well... Not personally but I know a good bit of history on many of them.

Lol. I just thought Id ask. I dont have an Epic 4G but I just like to try and help out when I can. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No prob... I'm guessing since Keith is the only one I have heard of so far with this issue that he might have to do a factory reset to clear it out...

I could be wrong, might clear it up momentarily and then return... That would be my luck.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Like I posted yesterday my phone randomly shut down and I just turned it back on. that's when the issue popped up. Never thought about it but shutdown the phone pulled the battery out and restarted it. Issue is resolved. No more blinking LED or constant red LED.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie