Help with GPS issue after GB update?

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
After doing the manual update to GB, it seems the GPS will only stay locked for several minutes at a time. I've seen here that the fix is to do a hard reset and then re-do the GB update, I think. I'd appreciate any help with this since I have very little experience with this type of stuff and I'd like to be sure I get it done right the 2nd time.

My phone is stock, no rooting.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After doing the manual update to GB, it seems the GPS will only stay locked for several minutes at a time. I've seen here that the fix is to do a hard reset and then re-do the GB update, I think. I'd appreciate any help with this since I have very little experience with this type of stuff and I'd like to be sure I get it done right the 2nd time.

My phone is stock, no rooting.

You would need to use the following... Procedure #1 from the thread below.

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

That will make your device as it would be stock out of the box on Froyo EC05.

Note: Only "true" GPS fix I know of if that doesn't work is to root your device and use a GPS mod/hack that is available...

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Mike, what caches need to be cleared?

in CWM...
the cache and the dalvik cache in advanced... I am running the stock odexed... rooted...
You need CWM and rooted to work... You can use a back up program to back up your date before hand... I personally prefer rooted because it is the only way to perform REAL full back-ups..

Last edited:

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
in CWM...
the cache and the dalvik cache in advanced... I am running the stock odexed... rooted...
You need CWM and rooted to work... You can use a back up program to back up your date before hand... I personally prefer rooted because it is the only way to perform REAL full back-ups..

Thanks again. I'm really not familiar with the most basic changes that need to be made to the phone to get it rooted. What's the easiest way to get CWM installed? Would you mind describing or linking to a thread that walks me through the process? :-[

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again. I'm really not familiar with the most basic changes that need to be made to the phone to get it rooted. What's the easiest way to get CWM installed? Would you mind describing or linking to a thread that walks me through the process? :-[
Before you take the leap read about it ! Trust me you will save yourself headaches lol..
For just current official GB: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...95-rooting-ei22-gingerbread-instructions.html
Also, read around the hack/root forums.. Lastly, XDA is where most comes from for hacking/rooting but tread carefully and slowly and you'll be fine :)

Reactions: kgilbertsen