How to restore apps & data when going from Froyo to Gingerbread

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I was on rooted froyo, backed up my apps with tianium pro, odined back to stock and manually updated to GB. I then rooted GB and made a backup with Clockwork. At that point GB was working great and snappy. But then I restored all my apps and data with titanium and the phone went crazy, freezing and rebooting. So I reflashed with CWM. But I'm very confused. How do I restore from tiatanium my apps and data, so there shouldn't be any conflicts from froyo to GB? Only apps and I lose my data, or only data but no apps? Or Can't I restore anything??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to restore apps & data when going from Froyo to Gingerbre

I was on rooted froyo, backed up my apps with tianium pro, odined back to stock and manually updated to GB. I then rooted GB and made a backup with Clockwork. At that point GB was working great and snappy. But then I restored all my apps and data with titanium and the phone went crazy, freezing and rebooting. So I reflashed with CWM. But I'm very confused. How do I restore from tiatanium my apps and data, so there shouldn't be any conflicts from froyo to GB? Only apps and I lose my data, or only data but no apps? Or Can't I restore anything??

You should be doing data only restores. Especially when going from one version of OS to another.. Froyo to Gingerbread... Different animals...

Basically redownload your apps, then you can do data only restores.

Reactions: adlebo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781