How to reset phone after Gingerbread update?

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I figured out a way to always get GPS to work on my phone after the Gingerbread update... pull the battery, put it back in and power up the phone. My guess is whatever data is saved in regards to GPS is wiped out so GPS works when the phone powers back up. If I power down the phone and power it back up GPS does not work because the wonky GPS data sticks around.

Before the update to Gingerbread, I was able to reset the phone by pressing Power + Camera + Volume Up (or maybe it was volume down?) at the same time instead of pulling the battery. I noticed that the pressing those three keys does not reset the phone any longer. Is there any way to reset the phone without pulling the battery?

If I have to pull the battery it isn't the end of the world since the phone is back up and running in less then a minute but if there is a key combination or another method besides pulling the battery that can accomplish the same thing?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No there is no other way.. They removed that soft reset or reboot option in GB. Volume Up+Camera+Power.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure.... Here is a few other scenarios....

- Why did they remove the built in "stock" screen shot in leaked Froyo DK28?
- Why did they remove the built in Google backup and restore found in Froyo DK28? (This was an AOSP feature) Basically, if you ever had to do a hard reset or you ran custom ROMs rooted, all your apps & settings were stored on Google's servers and restored automatically.

Sure this was in a leaked build but it was in there for a time period... Official Froyo EB13 hit and those were gone :(

BTW, Screen shot "stock" returns for ICS..... I guess many users complained?

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
paul, it comes down to one thing, and one thing only. "CONTROL"... sprint or samsung want the control. they do not want you to have the control. thats why they remove those excellent options or capabilites.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
paul, it comes down to one thing, and one thing only. "CONTROL"... sprint or samsung want the control. they do not want you to have the control. thats why they remove those excellent options or capabilites.

Sure I know that... You know my answer to it all....

Root your device and get all those options anyways.... So Sammy/Sprint didn't win any battle by removing them..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo