Did everyone leave??
12-23-2011 11:20 AM
- I visit this forum everyday for over a year now since I got the epic. There was always constant conversations going on. Plus whenever someone posted a question, within an hour there were numerous answers. However, lately it has been pretty quiet here. Which makes me kind of sad! Did that many epic users upgrade already to the newer epic?12-18-2011 08:00 PM
- That's funny. I was thinking the same earlier in the morning. I guess a lot of people either are 99% happy with their Epic the way it's running or we lost a great deal of supporters to the Epic Touch and the Nexus S 4 G. Unfurtunately, I have to wait until September 2012 to switch to ATT or upgrace to Galaxy S III.12-18-2011 08:25 PM
- I think its just getting to that point where the device is getting a bit old, people are finding that comfortable spot either on Froyo or GB running stock/custom and that be that...
Plus many have moved onward to SGSII/NS4G/GN.....
The Epic has had a good run... Can't take that away from it no matter what happens and alot of good friends and fun times came of it all....
I know I learned a lot from the device itself and also enjoyed meeting and conversing with all of you.12-18-2011 11:16 PMLike 1
- 12-18-2011 11:47 PM
- I think it's a combination of holidays, questions that get repeated a hundred times that I don't want to re-answer, and questions I don't know how to answer. Oh, and the fact that I'm pretty committed to CM7 these days so I don't flash nearly as often as I used to.
But, I think that the community is still pretty active, maybe just in the form of lurkers. Not such a bad thing12-19-2011 04:39 AM
- I'm here most nights, lurking mostly I guess. Frustrated with the GPS issues & some of the other "amateurish" aspects of the Android OS's. My ancient Samsung i330 with early Palm OS didn't do nearly as much, but it did it all logically & reliably. I love the Epic, don't get me wrong, but the official Android guys spend too much time on bells & whistles & not enough on reliability. I'm tempted to root & go the custom mod route but my life is complicated enough & can't afford the lost time if I brick the Epic. I'm amazed at the community here & wish it was a model for the rest of the world! So many putting in their time free to help others solve problems; sometimes I wish it was doing more than fixing phone probs. Best wishes to all out there & keep being amazing people. Had to come back to edit errors due to skipped letters from KB. Still a problem with stock GB.12-20-2011 01:17 AM
- I'm not much of a poster/helper, especially since I only started the whole rooting/rom scene in July of this year, but I'm definitely lurking about these forums at least a few times a week. I've been enjoying some of the more "mature" GB roms like RandomKing's Thunderhawk series, and ToadLife's Clean Gingerbread. I've been testing out the newer ShadowKernel as well - but since both of these have been very stable and provided great battery life for my needs, I haven't been flashing my Epic 4G nearly as much as I used to.
I won't be upgrading to any new device until probably around August of 2012, so for what it's worth, I'll be around12-20-2011 09:42 AM
- No we didn't all leave. How much I look at it depends on the extra time I have but most of the time I do it with my epic and I have problems typing into it without errors. Also I am not really that knowledgeable about the whole development thing. Most of the time someone who knows more about it answers the question.
Have a good holiday season.
George12-20-2011 10:47 AM
- Still Here too. Been trying to decide on keeping my Epic or get something else. Decision has gotten harder since the last couple releases of CM7 really stabilized my phone. No more Wifi issues, gps works, etc... I have a upgrade credit from Sprint available but I just can't see getting another phone on Sprint that's not LTE ready.
Verizon LTE is really good where I live and work, plus I can get a discount so their double data promo might be too much to pass on for me. Sprint still currently wins with unlimited data though (currently).
Sent from my Epic Android using Tapatalk12-21-2011 01:25 PM
- I've been in and out but mostly going to XDA. I think some have mentioned it, but it could be mix of following:
1. Epic is dying down.
2. People who have been here for new ROMS can easily go to XDA and they have latest things going on there. This is what's happened for me,
3. Same old questions keep coming up here and it's taxing to have to answer them again. I think because you get new users and such. It's understandable but it's a new cycle of people.12-21-2011 03:19 PM
- The most knowledgeable people in smartphone forums are often the ones who have the most experience. These people are either developers themselves, or people with large cellphone-using families or people who update their phones with compulsive frequency.
All of those types have one thing in common: exposure to a lot of different cellphones. Logically speaking, those types are likely to have moved on.
Those who still use Epic 4Gs are people who upgrade their phones once every two years or less.
I could upgrade my phone at a discount right now and am choosing not to because the expense is unnecessary, the phone is a luxury and I like the keyboard. If, like the Nexus S, the Galaxy Nexus is rolled out for free by Best Buy for a limited time, I might consider upgrading then. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Epic until ICS or a later version of Android natively allows an external DAC.12-22-2011 03:43 AM
- I won't be at 2 years with this phone for awhile. I got it for 99 at the beginning of the year.
It pretty much just works. I've thought about rooting for tethering, but everything I would need to tether for I can just DO, on my phone, so it hasn't be urgent. I read most of the posts, but don't have much to say other than "wow, the screen is still so good" or, yah, it's not as fast as a new 250 dollar phone, but good enough to stream walking dead on netflix and play games and do rdp to servers and ssh to routers.. I'm good.12-22-2011 09:52 AM
- Had this phone since Nov '10. It's been my fav phone I have owned. Nothing wrong with it since GB update. Works flawlessly! That said, I played with the SGSIIE4GT a few weeks ago and that thing is really nice. Will be upgrading on New Years. Been reading about all the quirk and issues on it in that forum. But that screen!12-23-2011 11:20 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Sprint Epic 4G
Did everyone leave??
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD