device not recognized

simple503

Jan 4, 2011
drinkinsalem.com
I've been trying to use my phone on my laptop, ie to root/transfer files etc

i am running stock gb (sprint update)
windows 7 64 bit.
i installed the drivers from a link in root section but wont work!
ive uninstalled, rebooted and tgried different ports. also tried rebooting phone several times as well.

I am at a loss, any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Quoted from another thread on this forum:
OK, so I started the process and got to Download mode on the Epic and I can't get my PC with Odin to recognize the phone. I often connect to the PC (Win 7 64 bit) and just did so to back up the SD card just before starting the GPSFix process. I re-tested the two cables I use regularly (stock Samsung E4G cable and one from my Kindle). Both work to connect to PC & transfer files but won't work to connect in download mode. Any suggestions? Tried normal front port & one back port. I always use the front ports to transfer files successfully. Merry Christmas, by the way!
I solved this problem by shutting down the phone, removing the SD card, putting it back in & booting into download mode. I can't explain why this worked. I actually intended to boot into download mode without the SD card in, but was sort of on autopilot & put it back in. My stock Samsung cable has always worked for reg PC link for file traansfers.

flastnoles11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to use my phone on my laptop, ie to root/transfer files etc

i am running stock gb (sprint update)
windows 7 64 bit.
i installed the drivers from a link in root section but wont work!
ive uninstalled, rebooted and tgried different ports. also tried rebooting phone several times as well.

I am at a loss, any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Dial ##8778# and make sure usb is set to pda not modem...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mystereo21
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Simple503 I had the same problem. I tried all of those suggestions so far and it didn't work. While I was in Singapore last month, I tried the whole process once again and booted up my laptop to get started. For some reason, I checked out my device manager. I have never been able to get my removable storage drive to show up, err my phone to show up. I had never noticed this before but I expanded my Devices tab and saw an unrecognized device. Again I can't believe I never noticed before. I guess I was so concerned with quick fixes like unplugging the device and insterting the cable and other fixes. Anyways I was able to right click the unrecognized device and hit the repair button. The error was that the device didn't have the drivers. That had always been the case and I had the device drivers file downloaded to my laptop and had tried I would guess, a hundred times to run the installer. After looking at the properties of the unknown device, it had the basic info, it was a samsung drive. You should be able to click repair and it went really quick for me. My phone now shows up when I plug it into my laptop on both of the cables (the short and the long one) so yeah I hope that helps and hope to hear back that you were able to fix your device as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech