Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone frequently rebooting?

Has anyone had a problem with their Epic frequently rebooting? Lately, just opening or closing the keyboard, or setting the phone on the table causes it to reboot. I assume it's a hardware issue, but I don't know. I'm just running MostlyStock ROM and a customized theme, nothing bleeding edge. Any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: phone frequently rebooting?

It seems the battery was the problem. I have a battery that I bought off eBay (Samsung branded, and looks just like the stock battery). It seemed to be fine for a while, but now with the eBay battery the slightest quick movement causes a reboot. The stock battery has no such problems. There is a dent in the eBay battery, so maybe I damaged it, I don't know. Just glad my phone is usable again!

I'm running Ramdon ROM 3.3 with Blackout theme. No reboots, 24 hrs plus everytime of battery life.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

The battery probably doesn't have a firm fit into the socket and a quick movement is disconnecting the terminals. Try sticking some paper or a piece of card stock opposite the battery terminals to make the fit snug.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by fergus420 View Post
    The battery probably doesn't have a firm fit into the socket and a quick movement is disconnecting the terminals. Try sticking some paper or a piece of card stock opposite the battery terminals to make the fit snug.
    I thought of that, but the fit seems very snug. I'm not able to move the battery the slightest when it is in phone.

for me I have rebooting problem each time I boot up the phone (even with an original battery) it boots up three times before it finally boots normally. I'm stock rooted.