Samsung Epic no Audio

dschuma

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello - I have the Samsung Epic and when a call will come in it rings, I can answer the call but I don't hear any audio and the caller does not hear me. The option to select for speaker isn't avail as it's greyed out and also does not work with a bluetooth headset. I performed a hard reset and changed the rom to a few different ones. Still no luck.

Any ideas?

dschuma

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the phone thinks I have a headset plugged in. I just took a set of ear phones and I can now hear the call through the earpiece but the mic is still disabled. Is there a switch in there that enables/disables the phone mic/speaker when a headset is plugged in?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of... This really sounds hard ware related. I think I remember some time back people having problems of this type where the headset jack/port gets messed up and causes this to happen.

Do you use the headset jack/port often or at all?

dschuma

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually never used it until just the other night I plugged a set of speakers in to it. Now that I think about it that's when it start acting up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would try and plug in something and give it a wiggle or two and see if you can get it to dis-engage... Maybe you will get lucky... Otherwise a trip to your local Sprint store is in your future :(

matcalifornia

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue and fixed it by cleaning the 3.5 headphone jack port. It had a clump of dust inside it and that fixed everything. :) I recommend giving it a shot.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995