Anker 1800 mah battery

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got a couple of Anker 1800 mah batteries today. Charged one fully in the standalone charger and dropped the other in one of the Epics.

That one came up mostly charged and I've been using the phone heavily all afternoon. So far it's doing better than the original OEM 1500 mah which by this time of day is yelping at me to plug the phone in.

The original Samsung OEM is 32.3 grams, new Anker ones are 34 grams.

Instructions with the batteries say to fully discharge then recharge the battery 4 or 5 times to achieve maximum capacity. Most reviews at Amazon were positive and several repeated the break in cycle information. I bought these not just because they're cheap but because of the mostly positive reviews. (The complainers apparently don't read instructions.)

Third reason to buy, highest rated capacity that fits under the stock cover. Those 1600 mah ones, 100 extra mah just doesn't seem worth the premium $. 300 mah extra for around $10? Cheap enough even if they do turn out to be junk. Should get me through to bedtime each day without the phone whining about low battery.

Two batteries and the universal charger cost about $20 at Amazon. The charger has fold out AC plugin pins plus a micro USB port so it can charge from a standard AC charger and it has a type A USB port so it can power a phone from a battery in the charger or replace the charger that came with the phone.

HeavemyTreo

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the same combo about 4 months ago, been very happy. Charger is cool, just wish it had 1 more USB port so I could charge 1 battery, phone and Jawbone at same time.

Just got a couple of Anker 1800 mah batteries today. Charged one fully in the standalone charger and dropped the other in one of the Epics.

That one came up mostly charged and I've been using the phone heavily all afternoon. So far it's doing better than the original OEM 1500 mah which by this time of day is yelping at me to plug the phone in.

The original Samsung OEM is 32.3 grams, new Anker ones are 34 grams.

Instructions with the batteries say to fully discharge then recharge the battery 4 or 5 times to achieve maximum capacity. Most reviews at Amazon were positive and several repeated the break in cycle information. I bought these not just because they're cheap but because of the mostly positive reviews. (The complainers apparently don't read instructions.)

Third reason to buy, highest rated capacity that fits under the stock cover. Those 1600 mah ones, 100 extra mah just doesn't seem worth the premium $. 300 mah extra for around $10? Cheap enough even if they do turn out to be junk. Should get me through to bedtime each day without the phone whining about low battery.

Two batteries and the universal charger cost about $20 at Amazon. The charger has fold out AC plugin pins plus a micro USB port so it can charge from a standard AC charger and it has a type A USB port so it can power a phone from a battery in the charger or replace the charger that came with the phone.

rudedog1013

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought this combo as well, due to your recomendation. Very pleased with the battery life. I can make it through the whole day and still have battery left. I also bought their battery for my laptop, and happy with that as well.

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
can these batteries be charged with non-anker external chargers?

My OEM batteries last about 20 hours; my non-OEM batteries (ebay) last 10 hours:
= no BT
= wifi + 3Gfor 8 hours
= 3G only when not near wifi
= no GPS
= no background data
= no auto-sync
= display at lowest setting
= some vibrate
= calendar widget, weather widget (manual sync)
= flat black background
= rooted GB EI22; 2.6.35.7 kernel; radio = ?

...and that's standby. battery plummets when I play music, video or games.

cheers/dom