1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Turn voice notification off?

I have a Samsung Epic 4G Touch, have had it since last December. All of a sudden, maybe since I powered it off yesterday, when I get a new notification it is giving me a voice message, like "16 new emails". It is driving me crazy, and I can't find where to turn it off. I checked the phone settings and the settings for the two email apps I have, and turned everything to silent. That stopped the tone notification, but not the voice notification.

HELP!

Please send me an email at if you know the answer...

Thanks!

Mary

Default Re: Turn voice notification off?

1: This is the Forum for the Epic 4g, not the Epic 4g Touch. Completely different beasts.
    2: You probably got "talkback" turned on. See your accessibility settings, if not see if you installed any programs like "drive safe.ly" that have text to speach capability.
    3: Our software is similar to the Touches, but that's not a feature of the stock os on the Epic 4g.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Turn voice notification off?

How do I turn off s voice on samsung 4 g phone? My battery is getting drained every day because too much is being used. Please help & explain it step by step for me. Thank you!