How add/remove home screens on Samsung Epic

mlouie

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Epic which comes with 7 home screens. I don't need all 7 and want to remove some. Sometimes I accidentally hit some buttons on my Epic and it pops up with an option to add or remove home screens--it shows each one as a little icon on the screen. So this capability is built in to the Epic but I have no idea how to deliberately access it. I have only been able to get to it accidentally. I have searched and searched and searched the Internet and can find no documentation about how to do this. Does anyone know how to deliberately bring up this option on the Epic, to add or remove home screens? And please don't suggest a 3rd party launcher--I don't need one. I just want to know how to access this built-in functionality. I just had to do a factory reset on my phone as it was misbehaving and so now I have a bunch of empty home screens that I would like to remove as I don't need them. I only use about 3 screens.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I have a Samsung Epic which comes with 7 home screens. I don't need all 7 and want to remove some. Sometimes I accidentally hit some buttons on my Epic and it pops up with an option to add or remove home screens--it shows each one as a little icon on the screen. So this capability is built in to the Epic but I have no idea how to deliberately access it. I have only been able to get to it accidentally. I have searched and searched and searched the Internet and can find no documentation about how to do this. Does anyone know how to deliberately bring up this option on the Epic, to add or remove home screens? And please don't suggest a 3rd party launcher--I don't need one. I just want to know how to access this built-in functionality. I just had to do a factory reset on my phone as it was misbehaving and so now I have a bunch of empty home screens that I would like to remove as I don't need them. I only use about 3 screens.

Real easy if you have the EL30 Gingerbread update.

With anyone of your Touchwiz Home screens up, tap the Menu button, then tap Edit. The Home screen preview will pop up, now tap and hold on a empty Home screen and drag it to the trash can at the bottom of the screen.

If you want to add more Home screens later, up to seven, tap the one with the big plus sign....

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Just tried this on the Galaxy S 3 and it works as well.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't need 7 screens either. I barely need 4 thanks to folders which makes everything easier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20