Epic texting problem

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay so both my fiance and her mom have the epic 4g and they are both having the same problem now. When they send a text and its over 160 characters the text is received in gibberish. Its just a bunch of random letters and numbers.

Has anyone else experienced this?

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I know this happens on CM9 and maybe CM7 (can't remember, cause I haven't been on CM7 for a while). You have to go into messaging settings and check split long messages or something similar to that.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That can also happen if they are running the stock OS, but using a 3rd party sms application. Same fix, make sure it's splitting up 160+ messages.
If you can tell us what OS (stock, CM7/9, other), or what SMS app (stock, handsent, gosms, etc...), we can give more specific directions on fixing it.

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay so both my fiance and her mom have the epic 4g and they are both having the same problem now. When they send a text and its over 160 characters the text is received in gibberish. Its just a bunch of random letters and numbers.

Has anyone else experienced this?

This has recently begun happening to me! Drives me crazy!!!!

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
That can also happen if they are running the stock OS, but using a 3rd party sms application. Same fix, make sure it's splitting up 160+ messages.
If you can tell us what OS (stock, CM7/9, other), or what SMS app (stock, handsent, gosms, etc...), we can give more specific directions on fixing it.

I'm using hand cent/stock.....this just became an issue over the last week or two....don't know why as I have not changed anything on my phone....

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually Handcent was updated two days ago to address the Sprint related issues for text splits over 160 characters

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463