Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Don't Update Your Skype!!!

The new Skype update killed the video calling on my stock Sprint Epic 4G GB 2.3.6 EL30. Everything was working perfectly prior to the new Skype update. Now it's basically unusable save for the terrible voice only calls (just use the phone now). If you haven't updated your Skype yet DON'T DO IT!!!

Does anybody else have this problem or did your update work? I've uninstalled and reinstalled. and it still doesn't work. It's also become a huge memory hog. 14MB now. I think it grew by at least 10 MB. Very annoying.

Works fine for me on cm9.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: Don't Update Your Skype!!!

Recommend Titanium Backup Root to keep the last working version to revert to in cases like this.
    GNex (SCH-i515) <-- Epic4G (SPH-D700) <-- Centro <-- SPH-i500 <-- SPH-i300 <-- Palm Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Incoming video calls work. The video is a bit buggy. However I have no video on outgoing calls.

Thanks for the titanium tip. I'm getting closer to my first root of my phone. Just researching CM9 ICS. Beta 2 to make sure none of the bugs would be a showstopper for me.

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by Zeinzu View Post
    Works fine for me on cm9.

Yeah, it works fine on my CM9 too

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by daehttub View Post
    Incoming video calls work. The video is a bit buggy. However I have no video on outgoing calls.

Thanks for the titanium tip. I'm getting closer to my first root of my phone. Just researching CM9 ICS. Beta 2 to make sure none of the bugs would be a showstopper for me.

You should go for it without hez. The rom is so solid, it will make you fall in love with your phone all over again.

Good Luck!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    Yeah, it works fine on my CM9 too
    Might be something with CM9. Working on for me too but I'm on CM9 as well.

I did update late July and now i have regretted it since. I tried to install an and older version of Skype but it would not allow me. something to do with the server.

I thought about changing the video drivers but i don't really want to.