Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Epic will not turn on

I unintentionally smashed the screen on my Epic. However, the operating system on the phone was still operational. I purchased a new digitizer and replaced it and reassembled everything the way it was. I put the battery and chip back in, but when I tried to turn the phone on nothing happened. If i plug it in to the charger the battery charging icon appears, but when I press the power button nothing happens. Can anyone help me with this?

Default Re: My Epic will not turn on

I would start by taking it apart again, and carefully make sure all parts are aligned, connected. It's not a difficult device to repair. It sounds like maybe the power button isn't making connection. It's a good sign that the battery thing comes up. Failing that, maybe a trip to sprint is in order? Not sure if they'll notice it's a new screen or not, but worth a shot.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...