Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daehttub
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Default notification light stopped working suddenly

I don't know what happened but whenever i receive a text or email the light does not light up. yet it works when i plug the phone in? any ideas? I have it set to pulse for notifications so i don't know what the problem is

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Default Re: notification light stopped working suddenly

Did you try restarting your phone? Sometimes stuff like that happens. If that doesn't work, see if the red light comes on when you plug it in to charge it. If it does, then the light works, then open messaging and check the settings of the app to see if notifications is still turned on.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

checked everything, light is red when plugged in, blue when charged. Wont light up for ANY notification. i suppose i could live with it though nbd. Thanks

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by carraser891 View Post
    checked everything, light is red when plugged in, blue when charged. Wont light up for ANY notification. i suppose i could live with it though nbd. Thanks
    and you confirm that you've done a phone reboot...after that you could try a factory reset
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    and you confirm that you've done a phone reboot...after that you could try a factory reset
    tried factory reset....still doesn't work lol. It works when plugged in that is what is most confusing...

I have the same problem and I really miss the light. I have tried restarting the phone by taking out the battery. How do I do a factory reset?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by quickstepper View Post
    I have the same problem and I really miss the light. I have tried restarting the phone by taking out the battery. How do I do a factory reset?

Pull up the menu/press settings/scroll down to security/press factory reset. Tried it and it didn't work for me. Let me know what happens

I tried all that. reset the phone back to factory. My phone is not rooted. Could this be a bug with gingerbread.fc09 recent update? My phone is 2 days old(replacement from assurion claim).

Another question: should there be a notification light checkbox in the settings? I could have swore I've seen it before upgrading to FC09. Now only ringtones can be customized in the Notification settings
    Last edited by alexveksler; 05-24-2012 at 01:38 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by alexveksler View Post
    I tried all that. reset the phone back to factory. My phone is not rooted. Could this be a bug with gingerbread.fc09 recent update? My phone is 2 days old(replacement from assurion claim).

Another question: should there be a notification light checkbox in the settings? I could have swore I've seen it before upgrading to FC09. Now only ringtones can be customized in the Notification settings

I went to the Sprint store and they said the light is a known malfunction with the FC09 update and Samsung is working on a fix or software update (yea right)....but then i called another Sprint store and they said it was a hardware problem that could not be fixed with a software update. Im confused

I went to the Sprint store and they said the light is a known malfunction with the FC09 update and Samsung is working on a fix or software update (yea right)....but then i called another Sprint store and they said it was a hardware problem that could not be fixed with a software update. Im confused
    The lesson is never go to Sprint for anything tech support related.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

I confirmed with Sprint today it is in fact an issue with FC09. It took a week to convince these idiots it is not a hardware issue. After numerous trips to the service store and them sending me 2 devices (one was brand new and one was refi), I finally took the time to run tests back from EI22, EL30 and finally FC09. Both, EI22 and EL30 worked on both devices. Once the FC09 upgrade was applied, notification light quit working. Thank G.d, there was a decent rep on the call center 2nd level support, who took the time and contacted engineering department to confirm the issue with the software.

I am debating rooting this sucker and poke around the code. But I think I will wait a week or two. Hope there is enough screaming that Samsung/Google can respond.

Try the NoLED app in the old Android Market (Google Play). I've given up on my LED since the messed up 2.3.6 update. I think FC09 has messed more than the LED. I've turned off the optimizer but my phone is still not the same. There's a lively discussion on the Sprint Epic 4G forum about FC09.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    alexveksler likes this.

Led works great on cm9. Just sayin.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by alexveksler View Post
    I confirmed with Sprint today it is in fact an issue with FC09. It took a week to convince these idiots it is not a hardware issue. After numerous trips to the service store and them sending me 2 devices (one was brand new and one was refi), I finally took the time to run tests back from EI22, EL30 and finally FC09. Both, EI22 and EL30 worked on both devices. Once the FC09 upgrade was applied, notification light quit working. Thank G.d, there was a decent rep on the call center 2nd level support, who took the time and contacted engineering department to confirm the issue with the software.

I am debating rooting this sucker and poke around the code. But I think I will wait a week or two. Hope there is enough screaming that Samsung/Google can respond.
    Samsung/Google better respond. Cant just disable a feature on the phone by accident and just say "oh well, live with it customers" but then again it wouldn't surprise me that kind of thinking from Samsung...

The NoLED app is pretty decent. Thank you. Definitely a great alternative. Can you point me to a FC09 discussion? For some reason I am unable to find the thread. Thanks in advance.

AlexV:

Glad NoLED is working for you. Here's the link to the Sprint Forum:
    Sprint Community: 3/26 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - FC09

Zeinzu:
    I'm just trying to figure out what bugs remain in CM9 Beta 2 before I make the leap. There are a lot of threads to dig through on the XDA website. As much as I hate the idea of going to Facebook or Google+ which forums/threads would you recommend to get the latest bug reports?
    Thanked by:

Wanted to add that rooting gingerbread.fc09 WILL fix your notification light. I used these instructions to root my phone. Pretty easy actually:

Still the NoLed app does more than just a flashing red light. So, on a positive note, meeting the problem, I ended up with much better solution.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

i don't want to root. i want the phone to work the way it should. The notification light is a huge feature and I'm pissed that they took it away and aren't doing anything about it.

Default Auto forward to email notification

Is there any way to turn off the persistent notifications that tell me I can auto forward my voice mails to email? If I wanted to use this feature, I would have set it up after the 1st notification, or the 25th or the 57th. I want to be notified when I get a text or email. I don't want to be harassed relentlessly about a feature I've obviously chosen not to use.