1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TWLauncher force close loop

Beyond frustrated! I added a bookmark to my homepage today and immediately started getting a TWLauncher force close message. Every few seconds, nothing on my homepage can be seen. I can send/receive texts and power the phone off and on, but that is about it. I read the tips in this thread: TwLauncher Force Close. Once I am in system recovery I can clear the cache but there isn't an option for Advanced>clear dalvik cache Please tell me I am not as stupid as I think I am How do I get to Advanced???

Default Re: TWLauncher force close loop

To clear the dalvik cache, you need to have a ClockWorkMod recovery, the stock one won't work. What you are describing (correct me if I'm wrong) is a stock phone (not rooted/rommed), and you have a shortcut on your homescreen that's faulty.

You can try to go into settings, applications and clear data from Touchwiz Launcher. If that doesn't work, you'll need to get into recovery again, and do a factory reset. You'll lose all your settings, and you'll have to re-download all your apps, but at least your phone will work. If you can get into your contacts make sure they are backed up to your SD card, or that they are all on your g-mail account so you don't lose them too.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: TWLauncher force close loop

Yes it is exactly what you said and yes it is a stock phone I am going to have someone look at it today and pray they can fix it, I don't want a factory reset at all. I can't get into settings so that is out of the question. Thank you for your response, you were very helpful.