Battery usage from 'android system'

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Lately, the 'android system' has been draining my battery. I used to have background sync on, but turned that off. I have the display set on automatic.

I am running Pandora a lot, but according to the battery usage summary, Pandora is just 2% of what is using the battery.

I now have to rely on my spare battery since just one battery doesn't last the day. Has the battery developed a 'memory' so that it isn't fully charging?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

drekosh

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Someone could tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think the batteries in these phones develop a memory.

Have you downloaded any new apps lately or changed ROMS?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
They have no memory. Also, by using Pandora it keeps your system awake. I would guess that it just shows the usage as system because (and I'm assuming) your running Pandora with the screen off and the application in the background.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I am running Pandora with the screen off, so is it in fact this app that is running the battery down and it's being reported as the android system?

I have put most of the apps back on after a factory reset. I guess that I need to watch which apps require running in the background.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke