So what does every think about the Galaxy Pro S coming to Sprint?

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think it's ugly(looks like an Instinct) and their TouchWiz is the worst Android skin available with the possible exception of MotoBlur.

I do like that it has a keyboard though.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
One word LEGACY!

I kid. I am excited about it. Truth be told had I known about it I may have waited on the EVO to check it out. Looks like it may be my daughter's first phone. But only if it comes with Froyo out of the box.

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you really wanted a physical keyboard why not get the Moment or wait for the Moment 2? I honestly don't care for physical kb's anymore and the EVO's kb is far better than what the HERO had. Though i'll admit it's not an iPhone kb.

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the ugly layout, it is quite tempting. The hardware blows away the Evo. It scored 55.7 FPS on Neocore(assuming it has the same hardware as regular Galaxy S). I will be awaiting more news before any final decisions.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy S is a very sexy phone and I'm excited for it. I'll probably be a little envious but HTC makes such a good Android device I think that in the end the Galaxy S & EVO will kind of even out as far what people want. I give a nod to Samsung though and if they go stock Android they might have a real winner there.

lnong

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's my opinion:
I hate phones that have a keyboard that slides out from the side, just this one, and the TouchPros. First, it makes the phone unnecessarily bulky. Second, it makes it really hard to do one-hand texting.

In general, i hate slideouts. One exception is the Palm Pre which I had owned previously before the EVO. The keyboard on the Pre slides down vertical and it's small enough for me to hold and text using one hand (while driving :p). Second, the Pre's design is still much more thin than the other phones with slideout keyboard

If i were to want a phone with sideway keyboard that has all the bells and whistles, i miight as well just get a notebook computer. Prolly not much of a price difference when compared to the regular price of the phone.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So where is Samsung's UI in the equation? :p

lol it was ment to be after Moto Blur, but nobody cares that much. I just think a bunch of people will choose that ****ty version of Android over then the Sense UI cause of a keyboard. I wouldn't even touch the Android phones if it wasn't for Sense to make things much more effective. Half the widgets and icons is built in to the OS without going through the trail and error with alot of apps in the Market.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I would assume TouchWiz can be turned off. When Froyo lands it won't be needed anyway, although I'm not using Sense either q:

I'm not big on the keyboard but his is worth looking at. If the Galaxy S, even a 3G version comes to Sprint my wife may get that.
She wants and Evo herself after playing with mine but I know there's "better" phones coming before my next upgrade in Dec.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is thank god I did not waste my upgrade on the Evo with it's color banding 16bit display. 4.3" screen with a terrible color depth. What were they thinking?

The Samsung has a super clear Active Matrix 16.7 million color display and best of all a keypad. I am so happy :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2