Gifs Dolphin Browser HD -- Root perhaps??

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was eligible for upgrade...since February I think it was...and instead of upgrading to the Galaxy s3...I'm sticking it out with the Epic 4G for another while longer. The phone is still cool IMO, minus a few things. I allowed one other phone in my plan to take advantage of the upgrade...so now I must wait till about October for that upgrade to be available.

Anyhow...the thing that most annoys me about this unrooted Epic is the inability to stream gifs correctly online. I use Dolphin HD browser and noticed that the GS3s do animate the gifs in the browser. Anybody have luck with Dolphin on the Epic unrooted and have lucky with them animating...or is there another browser you guys recommend that does enable them?

If I must....I'll break down and root this Epic. Actually...I'm sort of contemplating it regardless...sort of refresh my experience some given the surge of folks around me with new model Android phone while I still have this 2 year old phone.

With all that said, what do you guys recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We've all been there...needing some help with our phones to make the best of it. This instance would be no different...I'd be grateful like you wouldn't believe if I could get some pointers on really making this phone take off, per se. ;)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My personal recommendation:
Root, CM9 (currently RC1), and Chrome Browser.

Gifs animate, browser favs and stored passwords shared between desktop and phone. It's smooth, decent on battery life (I get a bit longer with the stock FC09), and just looks good. The epic is really easy to get back to stock if you decide you don't like CM9. I feel it will make you think twice about wanting to use that upgrade come October ;) and save it for an emergency, such as a phone completely failing.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My personal recommendation:
Root, CM9 (currently RC1), and Chrome Browser.

Gifs animate, browser favs and stored passwords shared between desktop and phone. It's smooth, decent on battery life (I get a bit longer with the stock FC09), and just looks good. The epic is really easy to get back to stock if you decide you don't like CM9. I feel it will make you think twice about wanting to use that upgrade come October ;) and save it for an emergency, such as a phone completely failing.

Awesome...thanks for the reply and tips.;)