1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root help asap please

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G running gingerbread 2.3.6 FC09. I am trying to root the phone using the directions found in this video

I follow all the steps exactly. When I put the phone into download mode and plug it into my computer my computer stops recognising my phone and it does not show up in ODIN can someone please please help

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Default Re: Root help asap please

I'm assuming you have the USB debugging mode checkmarked.

You will also need to download the driver software from samsung. The "usb mode" changes when you go into download, and the drivers to let windows see the microsd card won't work for that. Also try a different cable, usb port, or even a different computer failing that.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes I have USB Debugging Mode Checked.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the the USB drivers from the link provided in the youtube video. I have tried different usb ports and I have tried other usb cables. I only have a laptop so I can't try another computer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I also have Modem and PDA checked in the USB Settings that you get from dialing ##8779#
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Root has finally been achieved

cordawgfrito :

Glad to hear root has been achieved. Could you let us know what you changed / or did differently ?

Thanks!