Ringtone Previews, Disable Notification Questions

ailareza

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I just got my Samsung Epic Galaxy S 4G up and running today and have had no issues until I tried to listen to the different notification/voicemail ringtones and nothing happened. No matter what I do, I am getting no sound or preview. Is this normal for this phone? Is there a way I can preview them?

Also, I used ChompSMS on my LG Optimus S before this phone, and downloaded it to the Samsung Epic Galaxy S 4G as well. I noticed that the Samsung Epic Galaxy S 4G has a sort of permanent toolbar at the bottom of the screen with Phone, Contacts, Messaging and Applications. Despite having physical and audio notifications turned off for Messaging (since I'm using ChompSMS), I still will get a little notification on the toolbar that won't go away. Any way to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Christine

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why your previews aren't working. Do you have all the volumes turned up?

As far as the notifications, you need to open the stock messenger program and turn them off from there. Chomp only really touches the AOSP Messenger notifications, and this one is the TouchWiz version. You can also open the app drawer (blue box on the right of the bottom bar), and hit menu than edit, and you can drag the stock messenger from there, and drag Chomp down to replace it. All three icons can be changed, although most will leave Phone where it is, Messaging (or it's replacement) and I got rid of "contacts) in favor of "browser" or another commonly used app.

ailareza

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have all of the volumes up, so I'm not sure why it's not working.

I was able to drag down ChompSMS to the toolbar on the bottom, so thank you for that! Is there any way of disabling the stock SMS to stop showing I have new text messages (I already have audible notifications off)? I was able to do this on my LG Optimus. I've been looking around, but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Go into the stock messaging application, go to settings within the app, disable notifications.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 RC2 ANDROID 4.0.4

ailareza

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have everything unchecked for the stock messaging application but if I'm in my applications menu, the little number above the app will still be there, despite taking off auto-retrieve and notifications. So I still have to select the stock sms and look at the text, even though it won't show I haven't read it. Is my application glitching or something?

ailareza

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Rebooted my phone and ringtones are now playing, but the stock SMS is still putting number notifications whenever I get a text. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay