Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New android user.. help??

Heyy everyone. My iphone got stolen so I just orded a samsung epic 4g from ebay. It should be here on saturday and I want to flash cm9 to it. I have no clue how to root, flash, backup, use clockworkmod, or anything or what order to do this stuff in.. Im an iphone user lol. Can someone please spell the whole process out for me .. video examples would be great too thanks.

Default Re: New android user.. help??

TCD

ROM
    CM10.1

QBKing77 Epic 4G Videos

Should be enough to keep you occupied for a little while.

It's amazing what just a little reading can do ;p
    But seriously, good luck with the Epic. It's a great phone, and CM9 puts the user experience IMHO on par with the iPhone as far as smoothness. My wife just got the iPhone, and is already complaining about what she can't do with it compared to the BB 8330m that it replaced...
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

XDA and QBking77 are your friends. Lean on them.

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    It's amazing what just a little reading can do ;p
    But seriously, good luck with the Epic. It's a great phone, and CM9 puts the user experience IMHO on par with the iPhone as far as smoothness. My wife just got the iPhone, and is already complaining about what she can't do with it compared to the BB 8330m that it replaced...
    Just be aware that if you flash to CM9 there will be things that don't work properly, e.g. bluetooth, wifi sleep, camera touchscreen focus, MMS slideshow, camcorder flash (there might be another one or two in there, not sure).

ROM
    CM09/2.6.35.7

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    Just be aware that if you flash to CM9 there will be things that don't work properly, e.g. bluetooth, wifi sleep, camera touchscreen focus, MMS slideshow, camcorder flash (there might be another one or two in there, not sure).
    I assume all the "bugs" you have listed are only random because my CM9 works just perfect and I haven't encountered any of the bugs listed.

I guess it has to do with the way and the state you're phone is before the update?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Doo View Post
    I assume all the "bugs" you have listed are only random because my CM9 works just perfect and I haven't encountered any of the bugs listed.

I guess it has to do with the way and the state you're phone is before the update?
    No, the bugs he listed are universal. Everyone has them, even you. You just may not use your phone in a way that you have experienced them yet.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by: