Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    imekul's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

    Default Any word on an indicator LED for the Epic 4G?

    Was wondering if the Epic has some sort of indicator LED. The Moment didn't, but I'm hoping this time around Samsung included it!
  2. #2  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Check out the review, you can see a red indicator light... so far so good at multi-color led It wasn't plugged in either, so its not just a battery indicator light.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    imekul's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

    Default

    Yay! I saw that, too. :-)
  4. #4  

    Default

    Do we have to dl an ap to get the led to change colors?
  5. #5  
    Addie_Goodvibes's Avatar

    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Check out the review, you can see a red indicator light... so far so good at multi-color led It wasn't plugged in either, so its not just a battery indicator light.
    What review shows this? And how does a visible red LED indicate that there will be capability for "multi-colored" led.. we already know it has red & blue but no evidence of any other colors..
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010
  6. #6  

    Default

    I'm pretty sure that the LED is capable of only red and blue. If you go to the dialer and type: *#0*# it will take you to an LCD TEST menu. Click on LED on the bottom in the middle, and you can test the three main colors of RED, GREEN, and BLUE; as well as the four Sub colors of YELLOW, MAGENTA, CYAN, and WHITE. If you test all of these colors, you will find that only RED, BLUE, and MAGENTA work. Of course MAGENTA is RED and BLUE turned on at the same time. Therefore I conclude that the LED is capable of only red and blue. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by dlwicksell; 09-15-2010 at 09:43 AM.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly." ~GK Chesterton
  7. #7  
    caliskimmer's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,891 Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlwicksell View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the LED is capable of only red and blue. If you go to the dialer and type: *#0*# it will take you to an LCD TEST menu. Click on LED on the bottom in the middle, and you can test the three main colors of RED, GREEN, and BLUE; as well as the four Sub colors of YELLOW, MAGENTA, CYAN, and WHITE. If you test all of these colors, you will find that only RED, BLUE, and MAGENTA work. Of course MAGENTA is RED and BLUE turned on at the same time. Therefore I conclude that the LED is capable of only red and blue. I hope this helps. :-)
    Man, that sucks. I was hoping for more colors, but thanks for pointing this out.
  8. #8  
    Addie_Goodvibes's Avatar

    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DK28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlwicksell View Post
    ..............If you go to the dialer and type: *#0*# it will take you to an LCD TEST menu. Click on LED on the bottom in the middle, and you can test the three main colors of RED, GREEN, and BLUE; as well as the four Sub colors of YELLOW, MAGENTA, CYAN, and WHITE. I hope this helps. :-)
    Wow this is an excellent tip..

    I think you should post that code as a separate thread.. all kinds of system calibration tests.. a well deserved thanks.. how did you find this *#0*# out?
    Please add thanks if I have helped you in anyway. I will always spread the Aloha and reciprocate.
    Samsung Epic; Froyo DK28
    Carrier Sprint since 1998
    Palm Pilot 1997 + Nokia 7650,8200, Palm Treo 700p 2005, Palm Pre June 2009, Sayonara Palm. Android Sept. 2010
  9. #9  
    simaand's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default

    N/M Sorry Found the answer to my question
  10. #10  
    dragonol2's Avatar

    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlwicksell View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the LED is capable of only red and blue. If you go to the dialer and type: *#0*# it will take you to an LCD TEST menu. Click on LED on the bottom in the middle, and you can test the three main colors of RED, GREEN, and BLUE; as well as the four Sub colors of YELLOW, MAGENTA, CYAN, and WHITE. If you test all of these colors, you will find that only RED, BLUE, and MAGENTA work. Of course MAGENTA is RED and BLUE turned on at the same time. Therefore I conclude that the LED is capable of only red and blue. I hope this helps. :-)
    AWESOME!!! Thanks for the tip! All kinds of checks in there...
  11. #11  
    punzada's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
    AWESOME!!! Thanks for the tip! All kinds of checks in there...
    Yes, one of them is the magnetic sensor o.O wasn't even aware we had one of those (hardware compass and such I guess?)
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addie_goodvibes View Post
    Wow this is an excellent tip..

    I think you should post that code as a separate thread.. all kinds of system calibration tests.. a well deserved thanks.. how did you find this *#0*# out?
    On your suggestion, I am preparing a separate thread on the Samsung Epic hash codes that I have been able to uncover and verify.

    I found this code out through testing. I have been with Sprint for a while and, though I don't post often, I do lurk in forums from time to time. Samsung typically uses very similar hash codes for diagnostics and certain types of programming on their Sprint phones.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly." ~GK Chesterton
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    caliskimmer's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,891 Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlwicksell View Post
    On your suggestion, I am preparing a separate thread on the Samsung Epic hash codes that I have been able to uncover and verify.

    I found this code out through testing. I have been with Sprint for a while and, though I don't post often, I do lurk in forums from time to time. Samsung typically uses very similar hash codes for diagnostics and certain types of programming on their Sprint phones.
    They had similar codes for the Instinct, the Omnia, and others. Back then, breaking news was when you enabled tethering . Look how far we've come!
  14. #14  

    Default

    Here is the Epic Dialer Codes thread I promised.
    Last edited by dlwicksell; 09-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly." ~GK Chesterton
  15. #15  

    Default

    Anyone had any luck using blue or magenta for notifications? Handcent SMS (and possibly k9 email, I can't recall offhand) gives the option for custom color, but even using blue it didn't work. I'm guessing it's just a matter the feature not being Epic-comp yet, but if you've had success, please share!
  16. #16  
    caliskimmer's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,891 Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlwicksell View Post
    Here is the Epic Dialer Codes thread I promised. :-)
    Instinct flashback: one guy frantically posts that he enabled Korea Mode and screwed up his phone. Others post that they called Sprint for their MSL and got mixed responses...

    Wow, I made a good choice with Samsung! Learning curve certainly is small for hardware usage.
  17. #17  
    dragonol2's Avatar

    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    ROM
    StarBurst ROM-LoStKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    Instinct flashback: one guy frantically posts that he enabled Korea Mode and screwed up his phone. Others post that they called Sprint for their MSL and got mixed responses...

    Wow, I made a good choice with Samsung! Learning curve certainly is small for hardware usage.
    Instinct... **shudders**

    Bad memories

Posting Permissions

B