1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry 2 Batteries Failed in past year?

So I have had 2 batteries do this to me in the past year of owning this phone. I plug it up and it says 100% but it wont even finish booting while plugged up there is so little battery power left! If I get it on wall power it will finish booting, but I can leave it for hours, and the moment I unplug it instantly dies.

Why is this happening? Also can it be fixed or do I need to just keep getting new batteries?
    Last edited by Razorblade1337; 08-21-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added more info

Default Re: 2 Batteries Failed in past year?

Are they the factory batteries? Replaced by Sprint?
    Have you been into the Sprint store to have them test the charging system?
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

They were both factory Batteries that came with the phone, I had the phone replaced once and they took it without the battery and sent me a new phone with a new battery in it so I ended up with 2. Right now I am using a generic off ebay, seems fine, but doesn't have half the battery time as the others did.

I have not gone to sprint yet. I didn't think they would help since my 30 day warranty has been up for a long time.

I was wondering if something I was doing was causing this? I was charging both batteries and when one went dead I switched it for the other.

I also had 2 different factory chargers and 1 generic so I do not believe the problem is the charger

That definately should not be happening. It is possible that the origional battery was faulty damaging the charging system in the phone, and when put in the new phone, re-created the same fault in the new phone.

I would still take it into sprint. Pretty sure it's a 1yr factory warranty, and in some cases they will work with you if they find a hardware fault in the phone. Just be really nice about it and if they say they can't do anything about it, just thank them and walk away, and go to the next store or wait for another tech to be working.
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus [stock for now]
    BB 8130, iPhone 4 8g, iPhone 3g 16gb, Toshiba e800, Palm Tungsten T
    [retired]Epic 4g, BB8330, BB 9670, Samsung Intercept, Katana DLX, Sanyo 8400, HTC Wizard, MPX220, and many others...

I highly recommend this extended battery for $7 shipped - Amazon.com: Samsung Epic 4G 3500 mAh Extended Battery + Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have been sooooo happy with it. There are multiple sellers listed, I bought mine from Cellular Factory. If you buy form another seller you may get different results. Different sellers can have similar products produced from different factories. Of course the batteries from a different seller might be better but they might be worse. All I can vouch for are the batteries from Cellular Factory (I loved it so much I bought a second one).