Re-enable USB Mass storage notification bar

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, recently the notification bar option for accessing my SD memory via USB attachment to a PC is disabled.

Nothing I've tried has worked. Have checked the net for the Epic specifically, even other Galasy S 1 models but no luck!

I've power-cycled the phone. I've tried taking the SD card out, unmounting it via settings. Don't know what else to do. Unlike that of the GS3, there is no option under settings to manually achieve USB mass storage option for charging, mass storage, or tethered mode. The only way with these Epic 4Gs or the other Galaxy S variants is only when prompted by connecting your phone to a PC or media reader and getting the notification automatically through the notifications bar. Well...that option will not come up for me any longer.

Anyone have any pointers for me to resolve this? Thanks!

Last edited:

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Found the answer to the problem. :-!

Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging Checked.

If it's unchecked, you won't get the notification bar prompt as to what you wish to do with your USB connection to PC, you'll only hear the sound of it being connected and begins to charge.

Surioma

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I like the way you work, you ask a question and answer than :)

In my system Androjd 4.0.4 (Sony Xperia U) I should changed the path you mentioned above
Settings section System>Developer options>USB Debugging

Tim Holton

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the ATT Fusion and I had the same issue but I followed those steps but nothing happened. I still don't get the notification to appear to access Mass Storage, am I doing anything wrong?