Lost and confused

EpicUsr21

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I purchased used Epic 4G Sprint from Ebay.

I have been using QPST but ESN won't save.

I get error saying it is read only.

Did I purchase bad phone from Ebay?

EpicUsr21

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
It had BAD ESN. Can sprint phone be reactivated in Sprint account?
I do have HTC tp2 with broken case. I am thinking to use that as donor.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Why would you buy a phone that you knew had a bad esn and expect it to work? That means you more than likely bought a stolen phone.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A bad ESN won't keep the wifi from working. It will just keep Sprint from activating it to their systems. QPST is a great took for "fixing" it, but the newer phones (and I believe the Epic was one) the ESN is a read-only chip. Cant program or overwrite it.

A bad ESN also does not mean the phone was stolen per-se. It could mean that the person skipped out on their contract and didn't pay the ETF yet.

For the WIFI issue, you could try to do a full restore with the ODIN files, that will restore the radio, wifi, bluetooth, but you still won't be able to use it on Sprint.

PM me, I may be interested in throwing you a few $$ to get it off your hands if you can't find a way to use it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think lesson learned here is always check with the carrier before purchasing anything off Ebay/CL,Swappa, etc on the status of the ESN.

A reputable seller will provide you with the numbers to run a check, if they don't then don't bother buying no matter how good the price is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38