1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM9/CM10

Default CM10 / Epic 4G D700 / MS Exchange Connectivity not working

I have a Epic 4G D700 that is rooted. I have been running CM9.1 for a while and it works great for the most part. However I have been wanting to run CM10 (JB4.1.1) on it. I have been trying the last month or so worth of nightlies however the only main thing I seem to be having problems with is exchange connectivity to my works exchange 2003 server. The native mail client in jb just will not connect to my works exchange 2003 server. I know its not the server as it works fine with cm9. I have searched and read a lot about various different things that others say worked for them but have not for me. I understand that CM10 is still beta if not alpha and running nightlies comes with its faults but damn its frustrating. To top it off if I setup my google account via exchange/active sync it works so that alone baffles me. Im at a lost.

Anyone have any good ideas of what I can try?

Thanks,

SomeoneOnLine
    sb0

Default Re: CM10 / Epic 4G D700 / MS Exchange Connectivity not working

Exchange e-mail works for me on CM10; however when I use inverted the e-mail app the Exchange Services crashes on me.
    Do you get the Force-close for Exchange Services?
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CM9/CM10

What is inverted? For me it wont even connect. No it doesn't FC, It acts as though the server is down and wont even connect. As soon as I restore my CM9.1 backup rom it connects no problem and everything works fine. I even cleaned my cache and everything. Not to mention I know my exchange 2003 server is not down. The part the confuses me the most is the fact that if I connect to my gmail account via exchange/active sync it works fine. Its soo frustrating bc I want to use jb soo bad but I cant use jb if I cant connect to my company exchange server to get email etc..

I presume you have an Epic 4G/D700 (not the 4G Touch)?

Is there another decent JB/4.1.1 ROM that anyone recommends for the Epic 4G/D700 that is not based on CM10? All though I do really like CM in general. But if I got no Active Sync to my company exchange server than I got no JB CM10.

Thanks for the feedback,

~SOL
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM9/CM10

Holy crap. I did a search for inverted cm10. did about 5mins of reading and sure enough if installing just the inverted email.apk now exchange actually connects, however it FC about 5secs. later. lol. well at least that's a start. I did see something about some fix or something about it that I just need to read more about. Thanks for the inadvertent help and point in the right direction.

~SOL