What is the first thing you'll do with your Epic?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'll take pics of all the new gray hairs I've gotten from now until release... The pics should come out well. I was hoping that they wouldn't show until after I graduated, but I noticed quite a few obvious ones a month before I graduated. GRRRR.

jabrilly11

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i would run in the street or all the way to my frineds house (he has a N1) and tell everybody. currently i hav a pre (i love it) but i need new hardware and i absoultly cannot pass up that screen and processor

BrianFX

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily in this order:

Test out all kinds of xvid/divx/mkv goodies
Install all of my favorite emu's (SNES, Genesis, GBA)
Play tons of Asphalt 5
Install every cool game from the marketplace
Setup tethering
Setup SSH to my home computers
Test out video chatting with my 4 family members who are also getting Epic 4Gs :)

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Then I need someone to explain to me WHY my "Digital Copy" movies that I rightfully own via bluray disk purchase don't run on my shiny new phone and instead ONLY on iphone and my ipod classic!! How is THAT allowed?
Rather than wait for that make a bit of time to figure out how to get them onto whatever your playback device is. Its isnt hard and since you would do it repeated you just have to learn once.

It isn't clear that it is illegal, and is exceeding rare to find someone who thinks it is unethical to do so on entertainment you've purchased.

When I buy a blu ray I immediately converted it to a 3 to 9 gb h264 mkv and place it on my server, and ones I will watch on my handheld device I ripbot or handbrake I h264 2 channel mp4a t the appropriate res, frame and bitrate for that device.

Over the past week I have made 60 videos optimized for epics screen ans specs, setting the settings only once and just cuing them to encode overnight.

Last edited:

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily in this order:

Test out all kinds of xvid/divx/mkv goodies
Install all of my favorite emu's (SNES, Genesis, GBA)
Play tons of Asphalt 5
Install every cool game from the marketplace
Setup tethering
Setup SSH to my home computers
Test out video chatting with my 4 family members who are also getting Epic 4Gs :)

I am with you.
+
8) figuring out best streaming from my WHS, which is my only concern coming from wm6.5

pacha248

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
After seeing all these pics of the phone, the first thing I'm going to do is peel off that dumb Digital By Qualcomm sticker

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
-connect to my Jawbone so I can stare at it while I talk! lol
-install PdaNet
-spend hours helping my wife figure out how to use her's
-buy the charging stand
-help my wife some more...
-call time warner to cancel my roadrunner and landline (helping offset the bigger mobile bill we will now have)

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
first ill find all the twitter apps and choose the best one, then customize the shizz out of it

I like seesmic personally, its really clean looking and pretty quick, however it's widgets aren't too cool. I think twidroid or maybe Toutier have better widgets if thats what your into.