- 33 Posts
Has anyone successfully converted an Epic 4G to WiFi only?
Long story short, I upgraded to the SIII today ($148 at Sam's Club) and am now tinkering with the idea of setting my Epic 4G (SPH-D700) as a WiFi SIP device for use around the house and let the kid use for apps.
Failing that I may just donate it to someone in need or to one of the devs if they need an extra handset. It is currently running CM9.
- 10-27-2012, 02:50 AM #2
- 33 Posts
Re: Has anyone successfully converted an Epic 4G to WiFi only?
Well that sort of works, pretty high latency. Reminds me of doing voice chat over the Internet back in my 28.8 days. Tried a few others with pretty much the same results.
I actually have an Obi110 gateway device that I use with GV which works very well on my network, even tried their ObiOn for Android app with poor results.
Such is life. Any devs that may be watching this can PM me if they are interested in the phone. I will ship anywhere in the USA willingly. Otherwise I'll donate to local battered women's shelter that collects them here.
- 10-30-2012, 01:16 AM #4
- 11-28-2012, 01:08 AM #5
- By D_Shady in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 11Last Post: 04-13-2012, 06:39 PM
- By silverthornne in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
- By darkgauntlett in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2011, 09:05 AM
- By Hectorcruz0516 in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 10Last Post: 12-18-2010, 02:31 PM
- By androidjunkie30 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 21Last Post: 12-02-2010, 02:06 PM