Anyone else having problems with the Optimum App for Epic 4g?

gurubone

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting months for the official Optimum (Cablevision) App to appear on Android. Lo and behold, yesterday I get an email from Optimum stating that the app has been officially released for select Samsung devices. I follow the link, and it explicitly says that the Samsung Epic 4g is one of the approved devices. So I follow the "Play" link and download the app (while connected to my home wi-fi, thru Optimum) and proceed. My phone tells me that it has "Updated Optimum App", which is strange because the new app is completely seperate from the original Optimum DVR app. After a re-boot, I notice that there are now 2 Optimum apps in my app drawer. Good. I start up the new one, and it tells me that I am not connected to my home network (which I still am). But it allows me to go into the app. My DVR shows are there, and everything seems normal, but it will not allow me to use the "remote control" function, or allow me to watch live TV. LSS, is anyone else having this type of problem? I know the Optimum app has been on iOS for quite some time. I just want the damn thing to work as advertised, and Optimum doesn't have the greatest tech support, so I figured I'd ask the "experts" over here at AC.

And in case it matters, yes it is the Samsung Epic 4g, not the 4g Touch. I am rooted, but running stock deoxed GB Rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome