I am on the list at a local store...No this isnt a release thread >.<

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They didnt say a date or anything but they garaunteed my mom brother and myself 3 epics when they do release. That is all.:)

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I was added last Saturday...They also didn't have any details on price or release date, but had started their list. I'll check in with them tonight to make sure they still have me on the list.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I went to 2 Best Buys and 3 Radio Shacks- all had "lists" NONE were preorders! They'll simply "call you when the phone comes in" I verified these are NOT HOLD lists.

This means you have no better chance getting a phone than rushing to the store when/if you hear about a preorder or if no presale showing up early to buy a phone on the 1st day.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
my mom knows the manager...

Well shoot why didn't you say so? If I was in your shoes, I'd definitely feel reassured.

I know when I show up on launch day and tell the goofball working the register "my Mom talked to your manager and he said he was holding 3 of these phones for me..." with a line of 50 people at the counter...I'd be confident I was getting my 3.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you do get your phones- but if there's no preorder, it's going to be dog eat dog at the counter. And Sprint UNDERESTIMATES every launch, Incredible, Pre, EVO- nothing tells me the Epic will be any different. They won't expect it to sell because they didn't market it as well- or they'll think Samsung doesn't have the weight HTC did coming off the CITA show ... heaven forbid they push out the DISMAL qty per store the Pre had (under 10 units at a lot of Best Buys!)

Yeah, this will be one fun Wednesday...or whatever day they launch.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well shoot why didn't you say so? If I was in your shoes, I'd definitely feel reassured.

I know when I show up on launch day and tell the goofball working the register "my Mom talked to your manager and he said he was holding 3 of these phones for me..." with a line of 50 people at the counter...I'd be confident I was getting my 3.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you do get your phones- but if there's no preorder, it's going to be dog eat dog at the counter. And Sprint UNDERESTIMATES every launch, Incredible, Pre, EVO- nothing tells me the Epic will be any different. They won't expect it to sell because they didn't market it as well- or they'll think Samsung doesn't have the weight HTC did coming off the CITA show ... heaven forbid they push out the DISMAL qty per store the Pre had (under 10 units at a lot of Best Buys!)

Hehe, the Incredible is a VZW phone, but yeah, Sprint never expects a high turnout, even when they actually do have a decent phone.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So you aren't on any list. You just know someone.

No list, but the manager said we may have to put $50 per phone just to hold it.

My sarcasim detector is going crazy right now hold on a second.........OK got it turned off. Yes my mom knows a store manager and talked to him because we have ~10 devices with sprint and she spends alot of time up there. Granted nothing in this world is 100% guaranteed but he told her that when they arrive that he would set aside 3 for us and that we may have to put some money down in order to hold them. What does it matter to him? We are coming up as soon as they arrive to pick them up when the store opens. Basically Ill be standing at the sprint store with coffee in hand well before they open line or no line.

Hehe, the Incredible is a VZW phone, but yeah, Sprint never expects a high turnout, even when they actually do have a decent phone.

Im going in as early as I need to so as long as they have 10+ phones we will get our 3.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
my mom knows the manager and he said he wss holding 3 phones for us.
No list, but the manager said we may have to put $50 per phone just to hold it.
.....nothing in this world is 100% guaranteed but he told her that when they arrive that he would set aside 3 for us and that we may have to put some money down in order to hold them. What does it matter to him? ....

The manager is pulling your mom's leg. There is no mechanism for them to take a deposit. There is no entry in the system for such a thing. They can't give you a receipt either and can't put $150 in an envelope under a register with your name on it.

I have been with Sprint for a decade and a half and have had five lines and am very very friendly with my local stores wherever I have lived. i have bought about 80 handsets from Sprint easily 2/3 at local Sprnt stores. . What you are talking about just doesn't happen the way you think or have been led to believe. With the exception of one or two iconics, where they were in stores under lock and key, they have NO idea when they are coming, the handsets are put out the day the minute they arrive. Your store is probably open 80 hours a week and the manager may not even bee there and isn't going to hold any anyway -- especially if they arrive when he isn;t there. mangers canot fire or discipline assistant managers for selling phones and sprint doesn't allow pre orders or waiting lists.

a) if you are not renewing your contract they have no interest in holding anything for you. b) if they get ten phones and ten people ask for them you will not get one and none will be held back.

I am just trying to keep you from being disappointed. Waiting lists are CALL lists and are used only if handsets are left over say a day after they arrive.

There will be a release date announced/credibly leaked a week or a few days before release. Call the store three times a day starting the day before to ask if they got their delivery. they may hold one or two for you for a few hours while you get there.

Anyone who claims any Sprint store is going to take a deposit is wrong. and you can not just know the manager but be the manager and hot phones can blow out before you step in the store.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I checked with my local RS and I'm still #2 on the list. I also realized that I had not put down and deposit and had asked if one was needed. I was told that they are no longer taking deposits to hold phones. They will call me once they know the release date to set up my pick-up time.

I sure hope the 21st is the day. My phone is literally falling apart - a piece broke off near the charging port this weekend. There goes the option of selling...

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
fyi just to set the record straight- I know the incredible is a Verizon phone- I MEANT to say the Instinct Sprint underestimated in addition to the other phones. :)