Aug 11th "Official" Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm quite confused at this point what their "Big Announcement" was supposed to be.

They claimed "big surprises"; if giving away an Xbox 360 is a big surprise... you suck at surprises Engadget.

Samsung did pull their Sprint announcement #FB post too. And the latest playbook doesn't have Epic anything in it (came out earlier today).

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding me... Sorry- rant mode ON!

WHAT THE #$%#$%$@#% SAMSUNG/SPRINT??? What's your problem?

We've got enough updates on the Droid 2 to practically BUILD the thing ourselves from scratch and we've got squat on the Epic.
Your handling of this and the Facinate is EPIC FAIL.

If I didn't hate the higher pricing of Verizon so much (and if Sprint didn't work so well in my area) I'd be preordering a droid 2 tonight.

I'm tired of this ... I've got a busted old *** phone that barely works and Samsung and Sprint teasing about some big announcement and now NOTHING?

What... did the FCC all of a sudden pull the plug on the OK of your phone? The hardware slider is breaking on handsets? The software better work- it's powering more than 5 variants worldwide...

What's your excuse NOW??

I'm starting to hope this effort fails miserably for them- this is a marketing nightmare. 101 on HOW to lose potential customers to the competition.

Not like EVO is any better- reading on that forum with the now busted Flash on 2.2 (no open in seperate window- no scrobbling within the timecode) the full flash support is WORSE than flash lite! I'm SERIOUSLY worried at this point about buying ANY Android phone- I thought I was getting something Apple users would be envious of- but now I really wonder...

Shame I hate iphone so much- I'd consider dropped calls over this kind of treatment.

Hey I'll announce my own phone- it has DUAL hummingbirds- a flexible OLED so your 4" phone opens to a 8" display if you like- and is Wimax/LTE/HSPA+ CDMA/GSM capable worldphone!

Anyone want to preorder? No idea WHEN or HOW MUCH- but TRUST me- we'll have more info for you SOON!:eek:

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding me... Sorry- rant mode ON!

WHAT THE #$%#$%$@#% SAMSUNG/SPRINT??? What's your problem?

We've got enough updates on the Droid 2 to practically BUILD the thing ourselves from scratch and we've got squat on the Epic.
Your handling of this and the Facinate is EPIC FAIL.

If I didn't hate the higher pricing of Verizon so much (and if Sprint didn't work so well in my area) I'd be preordering a droid 2 tonight.

I'm tired of this ... I've got a busted old *** phone that barely works and Samsung and Sprint teasing about some big announcement and now NOTHING?

What... did the FCC all of a sudden pull the plug on the OK of your phone? The hardware slider is breaking on handsets? The software better work- it's powering more than 5 variants worldwide...

What's your excuse NOW??

I'm starting to hope this effort fails miserably for them- this is a marketing nightmare. 101 on HOW to lose potential customers to the competition.

Not like EVO is any better- reading on that forum with the now busted Flash on 2.2 (no open in seperate window- no scrobbling within the timecode) the full flash support is WORSE than flash lite! I'm SERIOUSLY worried at this point about buying ANY Android phone- I thought I was getting something Apple users would be envious of- but now I really wonder...

Shame I hate iphone so much- I'd consider dropped calls over this kind of treatment.

Hey I'll announce my own phone- it has DUAL hummingbirds- a flexible OLED so your 4" phone opens to a 8" display if you like- and is Wimax/LTE/HSPA+ CDMA/GSM capable worldphone!

Anyone want to preorder? No idea WHEN or HOW MUCH- but TRUST me- we'll have more info for you SOON!:eek:

Are you alright???

Preorders for the Epic 4g will be available starting tomorrow for Sprint Premier Customers and on Friday for everyone else.

All you had to do was check other forums which have been slowly leaking info much faster than Androidcentral and Engadget

Sprint Samsung Epic 4g Pre-Orders - Page 3 - xda-developers

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
Ok, check this thread on XDA Developers forum, Sprint Samsung Epic 4g Pre-Orders - xda-developers.

This guy says that we premier customers should receive an email tomorrow to begin pre-ordering on 8/5 - all others on 8/6. Pre-ordering should end on 8/17, so shipment should be soon after.

I sure hope he's telling the truth!

This would be nice since being a Sprint Premier Customer hasn't really done much for me other than the 1 year upgrade (which I've had since 6/6 and haven't used cause the EVO isn't for me) so really SP hasn't done anything for me. Heck, every "early notice" i've gotten was LATE!!! (PRE and EVO)

Again, would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
This would be nice since being a Sprint Premier Customer hasn't really done much for me other than the 1 year upgrade (which I've had since 6/6 and haven't used cause the EVO isn't for me) so really SP hasn't done anything for me. Heck, every "early notice" i've gotten was LATE!!! (PRE and EVO)

Again, would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

No Email yet. Anyone?

prdstm0nke

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the sprint playbook and the calendar section has august 11 listed as 'epic launch day'.

It's weird for a couple of reasons - there is no other mention of the launch in the playbook or anywhere else, and the 11th is a Wednesday, which is definitely not a sprint launch day.

I guess its a mistake or maybe even misinformation...

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the sprint playbook and the calendar section has august 11 listed as 'epic launch day'.

It's weird for a couple of reasons - there is no other mention of the launch in the playbook or anywhere else, and the 11th is a Wednesday, which is definitely not a sprint launch day.

The date is coincidentally a day before the BlackBerry Torch release over at AT&T

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I almost feel bad for samsung and sprint. They are creating a ton of negative hype for the phone. People have been wondering about this phone for a while now while the other variations of it have been on the market for over a month (thats a loooong time for a cell phone). Not that it hurts me or anything but I think alot of those waiting are going to get impatient and look elsewhere. For instance take creamy his phone wont make phone calls, my cell phoe barely does anything right and there are many others probably in the same boat not on the forums. Either way no matter what the situation is alot of us have been waiting for such a phone for alot longer then the leaked pictures. Heck I have wanted a phone like this since I stopped using the HTC mogul way back in what 2008. Granted they have the other WM phones (no thank you) and the moment (close but not quite what Im looking for). Finally now we find the diamond in the rough and they dangle it over our heads like I do to my dog when we are playing (Karma maybe?). I have to say I REALLY REALLY need a new phone one more time and maybe they will hear me. I dont want to go back to the lotus temporarily 'cause Im worried my wife will rant and rave that I have a working phone for text/im/email and will literally make my life too much of a living hell if I go anywhere near a sprint store. So come on guys at sprint and samsung throw us some sort of bone and at least give me a day that I can expect a release. All this secrecy and teasing makes me think the release date is really far away (summer ends the 21st of september) or they are going to surprise everyone with an early date.

Now if youre trying to ship it with froyo or hiding a secret earlier release, well then disregard this comment. :p

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

How many different Playbooks are there? The one I saw this morning didn't have the word EPIC on the calendar. In fact, the word Epic only appeared twice in the catalog and it was not on the calendar pages.

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You can only build hype for so long until it dies off and people grab something else. Droid 2, Droid X, vibrant, captivate, iphone 4.... the list goes on and on and every day the epic doesn't get a release date I'm willing to bet Samsung/Sprint lose customers.

I honestly had 0 motivation to look at the Droid 2. Now that the Epic would be lucky to come before the end of August I'm thinking that jumping carriers wouldn't be so bad. At the very least I know I'll go try it out in store where as if I owned an Epic or knew it was coming within a few days I wouldn't even have thought about it.

Aug 20 (our best guess) is a very late launch in my mind. Its especially late since its coming with 2.1 and the Droid 2 will come with 2.2.

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I almost feel bad for samsung and sprint. They are creating a ton of negative hype for the phone. People have been wondering about this phone for a while now while the other variations of it have been on the market for over a month (thats a loooong time for a cell phone). Not that it hurts me or anything but I think alot of those waiting are going to get impatient and look elsewhere. For instance take creamy his phone wont make phone calls, my cell phoe barely does anything right and there are many others probably in the same boat not on the forums. Either way no matter what the situation is alot of us have been waiting for such a phone for alot longer then the leaked pictures. Heck I have wanted a phone like this since I stopped using the HTC mogul way back in what 2008. Granted they have the other WM phones (no thank you) and the moment (close but not quite what Im looking for). Finally now we find the diamond in the rough and they dangle it over our heads like I do to my dog when we are playing (Karma maybe?). I have to say I REALLY REALLY need a new phone one more time and maybe they will hear me. I dont want to go back to the lotus temporarily 'cause Im worried my wife will rant and rave that I have a working phone for text/im/email and will literally make my life too much of a living hell if I go anywhere near a sprint store. So come on guys at sprint and samsung throw us some sort of bone and at least give me a day that I can expect a release. All this secrecy and teasing makes me think the release date is really far away (summer ends the 21st of september) or they are going to surprise everyone with an early date.

Now if youre trying to ship it with froyo or hiding a secret earlier release, well then disregard this comment. :p

Has anyone ever heard the saying "good things are worth waiting for"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12