Samsung Reveals Docks, Cases for Epic 4G (Galaxy) Phones

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Samsung Reveals Docks, Cases for Vibrant, Captivate, and Epic 4G - Yahoo! News

YouTube - Sprint EPIC 4G Accessories

thumb_550_epic-4g-accessories.jpg

Samsung on Wednesday announced some battery-boosting cases and docks for their popular Galaxy S line of smartphones, including AT&T's Captivate, T-Mobile's Vibrant, Verizon's Fascinate and Sprint's Epic 4G.
The new accessories include a car dock, a bedside dock, and a backup battery charger. The bedside dock comes with a new app, Desk Home, which kicks the phone into a bedside mode, lowering the screen brightness and offering easy access to weather, alarms and music.
The accessories will be customized to fit the different form factors of each of the four carrier models, Samsung said. The company didn't announce prices for the accessories, but they'll all be available on Samsung's Web site.
Both the Samsung Captivate and Vibrant come with free Google Maps Navigation, but they're not yet the best phones to use in your car. Both phones are waiting on promised updates to fix problems with their A-GPS reception, and they need an upcoming Android 2.2 update for their voice dialing to work with Bluetooth headsets.

Last edited:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
This actually makes me really happy. I'd love a dock for the epic. Now when and what it looks like would be nice to know. Then again, we don't even know when the hell this phone will even be out, so I guess worrying about the dock is pretty pointless :/

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now if only we can verify that the docks are Epic 4G compatibile. The MicroUSB port seems to be centered, as opposed to the Vibrant and Captivate that have it more toward the left side of the phone.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the vehicle dock anywhere on the Samsung site. I think I'll stick with my $14.99 Arkon vent mount, seeing as how the desktop dock is $40, I'm guessing the car dock will be around $50. And who knows if you can use a case with it, I know my girlfriend's Captivate fits with the Mega Grip, so if Epic is about the same size it should fit.

DQWgS.jpg

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
They'd probably sell a lot more accessories if they had them at launch...:confused:

How many users do you think already bought a case for their phone - or have found alternative means to mount in a car? The desktop mount is fine to release a bit late if you have to- but for many users - these and screen protectors are day one purchases.

If Samsung is interested in making money... they may want to consider this strategy moving forward.

...I'm just sayin...

ZoogieZork

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the vehicle dock anywhere on the Samsung site. I think I'll stick with my $14.99 Arkon vent mount, seeing as how the desktop dock is $40, I'm guessing the car dock will be around $50. And who knows if you can use a case with it, I know my girlfriend's Captivate fits with the Mega Grip, so if Epic is about the same size it should fit.

Yay for the Arkon "universal" mount :)

Currently using it with my old N810, doesn't really work with my Pre, hoping it'll work with the Epic...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I made one from ebay parts. Took a Garmin windshield mount and epoxy'd it to a frint facing belt clip (shaved off both for 2 clean surfaces). Costs less than $10 from ebay, the trick is finding a belt clip like the one I got for my Hero, for the Epic.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Might get the clock if it is cheap, but other than that, these are all pretty disappointing. The case especially is super generic and basically useless.

I want an OtterBox for it. I really like the one that they had for the Pre, but I never could justify the price for it.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
All the material I've found refers to the Galaxy S accessories as fitting every phone.... Not seeing how this is possible as the microusb is not in the same place as the other galaxy S phones.

Anyone have any news on this?

I like the looks of the car and desktop docks..

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I *really* want a car dock with cable management built-in. I have a 3.5mm input (headphone sized) in my stereo head-unit and with GPS I'll need power, but I don't want to have to plug them f**kers in every single time I use the car dock.

Anyone found one online yet? Every Epic 4G car dock I can find are just those universal ones.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet at this point is going with a mount like the Arkon one, since there's no car dock even listed on Samsung's site. The Arkon windshield / dash mount has wire catchers on both sides, so at least you can keep your wires somewhat out of the way.

clients-logo-fiesta.png

agentreza

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If any of you guys are fond of seidio accessories and cases, i contacted them about Epic 4g and this is what they had to say:

Dear Seidio Customer,

We will be releasing Epic 4G cases before the Epic 4G phone launch. Please continue following with us and we will notify you through email when they are released. If you have any further questions or concerns, please Live Chat us or give us a call at 832-204-1118. Thank you for choosing Seidio!

Best regards,

Jennifer

Jennifer Yang
Marketing Coordinator
Seidio, Inc.
832-204-1125

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Your best bet at this point is going with a mount like the Arkon one, since there's no car dock even listed on Samsung's site. The Arkon windshield / dash mount has wire catchers on both sides, so at least you can keep your wires somewhat out of the way.

Word, I'll keep that in mind if there aren't Epic-specific options, or if they're all overpriced. Didn't know about the wire catches, thanks for the tip.

If any of you guys are fond of seidio accessories and cases, i contacted them about Epic 4g and this is what they had to say:

Dear Seidio Customer,

We will be releasing Epic 4G cases before the Epic 4G phone launch. Please continue following with us and we will notify you through email when they are released. If you have any further questions or concerns, please Live Chat us or give us a call at 832-204-1118. Thank you for choosing Seidio!

Ohhhhhhh agentreza, please let us know when you hear about it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34