Best EPIC price

mbkowns

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So far were looking at 350 + 100 fail rebate from sprint what else do you see out there?

+student rate, 350 - 100 (sprint) MIR - 50 Student rate - 25 rebate = $175 winner so far.
+sprint, 350 + 100 MIR = $250

-wirefly nothing
-best buy, coming soon(gift card?)
-radio shack, nothing
-amazon, nothing

Last edited:

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Radioshack already said on twitter they will have preorders starting on Friday but my guess is they will be $250 out the door since they dont do Mail in rebates.

Best Buy also may announce something this Friday but I expect them to follow Radioshack.

The only place that does mail in rebates as far as I know is Sprint stores directly.

If you buy from any other retailer they almost always give you the price after mail in rebates.

I already reserved mine at Sprint but that is basically a backup since I am almost 100% certain I will be buying at Bestbuy/Radioshack (depending if any of them throw in any accessories like they did for the EVO).

mbkowns

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
StudentRate - Deal / Sprint Samsung Epic 4G StudentRate Member Discount

If you are new to Sprint or ordering a new line:

Upto 23% Discount Monthly Recurring Fees
Waived Activation Fee
Free Overnight Shipping
$50.00 Credit to New Accounts/Lines
$25.00 rebate and a Car Charger or Invisible Shield from StudentRate.

If you are an already existing Sprint Customer and are qualified for an upgrade:

Waived upgrade fee
Upto 23% Discount Monthly Recurring Fees
Free Overnight Shipping, and
Free Car Charger.

Last edited:

kettletoast

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
As a student, I'm very intrigued by the notion of a 23% discount on my monthly Sprint bill. What's the "up to" part of that? Is there a page that can tell me exactly what I will be saving? It might be worth buying from Sprint online and having to do the MIR.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Radioshack already said on twitter they will have preorders starting on Friday but my guess is they will be $250 out the door since they dont do Mail in rebates.

Best Buy also may announce something this Friday but I expect them to follow Radioshack.

The only place that does mail in rebates as far as I know is Sprint stores directly.

If you buy from any other retailer they almost always give you the price after mail in rebates.

I already reserved mine at Sprint but that is basically a backup since I am almost 100% certain I will be buying at Bestbuy/Radioshack (depending if any of them throw in any accessories like they did for the EVO).

What radio shack and best buy do is charge an activation fee. That's something Sprint does not charge for an upgrade.

ben7337

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
As a student, I'm very intrigued by the notion of a 23% discount on my monthly Sprint bill. What's the "up to" part of that? Is there a page that can tell me exactly what I will be saving? It might be worth buying from Sprint online and having to do the MIR.

There are 2 discounts. One is 15% the other is 23%. The 23% one is for RI college students and alumni or something, though according to a thread on android central it seems to be a good faith thing, so you could probably get that discount if you tried. For all others, 15% is the discount available if you are a student.

Here is the android forums thread for more info

Great discount for future Epic users *Students* - Android Forums

BearFace712

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
The studentrate deal looks really cool... I just checked out their website and now it seems like you can pre-order the Samsung Epic. Since I wanna get mine right when it comes out, I think it's worth it... Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Student Rate Member Pre-order - Student Rate
What do you guys think?

I pre-ordered my Epic through studentrate but the last time I checked they will be mailing them to you overnight starting on the release date. So you likely won't have it in your hand until Sept 1. Not a deal breaker for me since its a good deal on the phone/service but for some people it may be.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 discounts. One is 15% the other is 23%. The 23% one is for RI college students and alumni or something, though according to a thread on android central it seems to be a good faith thing, so you could probably get that discount if you tried. For all others, 15% is the discount available if you are a student.
Is there any way to make sure they don't mess with my current discount? I'd hate to see them replace my 25% discount with a 15%!

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to make sure they don't mess with my current discount? I'd hate to see them replace my 25% discount with a 15%!

Sure, just write in the body of the email that you don't want them to screw with your discount but you want the free shield and the rebates and $50-credit to your account

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sure, just write in the body of the email that you don't want them to screw with your discount but you want the free shield and the rebates and $50-credit to your account

I don't see how this is even possible. I honestly wouldn't trust that site with my personal information.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
wirefly not only $239 w/no rebates but also free shipping and no tax. you can always add student discount of 23% later to your plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781