1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Gps fix?

I've searched the forums here a bit, but haven't come up with anything conclusive...

Does anyone know if the GPS problems facing the other Galaxy phones have been corrected for the Epic? That is *beyond* the almost useless "fix" that the Captivate has already received? When do you think this information will become available? I don't want to pre-order the phone otherwise, because this loss of functionality is a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmt5 View Post
    I've searched the forums here a bit, but haven't come up with anything conclusive...

Does anyone know if the GPS problems facing the other Galaxy phones have been corrected for the Epic? That is *beyond* the almost useless "fix" that the Captivate has already received? When do you think this information will become available? I don't want to pre-order the phone otherwise, because this loss of functionality is a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks!!
    If you are premier and can preorder through sprint it does not cost anything to reserve your phone. That being said, no one knows if this phone will have the problem. If you reserve maybe someone will get their hands on it and report on the GPS. One MOD on this forum said they had no GPS issue, but the other phones had the problems a few days after purchase.

Basically: only time will tell

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Same GPS chip as the the other models. Samsung hasn't released a fix for the GPS yet. Samsung has said that they are working on the fix and that they will release the fix. <-- Take that with a grain of salt.

Global Posts
    2,679 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolqf View Post
    Same GPS chip as the the other models. Samsung hasn't released a fix for the GPS yet. Samsung has said that they are working on the fix and that they will release the fix. <-- Take that with a grain of salt.
    Everything I have seen indicates a non hardware problem. I have seen models of Galaxy with super and immediate sat fixes, inducing one with problems that came apparently shipped with aGPS disabled that got immediate fixes after properly setting agps.

I can't imagine Sprint would not have been aware of the problem with early galaxies. No guarantees but it is possible they have had samsung fix it on their rom given user scna fix it themselves. I am not worried after fixing one. (although I did not check post hard rest condtion)

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Check out this thread in the Galaxy S forum here on AndroidCentral

Quote Originally Posted by lillejord View Post
    From @GalaxySsupport on Twitter:

GalaxySsupport Samsung is testing software to optimize GPS on Galaxy S phones. Look for updates in September. Details & download instructions to follow.
    12 minutes ago via CoTweet