Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default What Comes In The Box?

Yes...of course I know the phone is in there

I'm sure that you also get a charger, likely with a Micro USB cable.

Is there any type of case included?

I suppose I've been spoiled with the BB higher end phones and the leather cases, headphones, etc...perhaps now I'll simply be spoiled by my phone

USB wall adapter, micro USB cable and earbud headphones.

Global Posts
    2,679 Global Posts

I would not want to subsidize leather cases for others, and much prefer a 16 GB card.

I want to see a video unboxing of the Epic. I like to know what I am getting before I get it. Maybe that takes away some of the excitement too? Maybe it takes away disapointment on that same train of thought. Who knows. I would still like to see one though.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
    I want to see a video unboxing of the Epic. I like to know what I am getting before I get it. Maybe that takes away some of the excitement too? Maybe it takes away disapointment on that same train of thought. Who knows. I would still like to see one though.
    I know what you mean. I wonder when Phonedog is going to get a demo unit. I really want to see the Epic side by side to the EVO.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

According to Radio Shack, the earbuds (which according to many Vibrant users, are very good) are not included.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX
    Additional Items Included-Battery, Wall Charger, User Guide, 16GB microSD Memory Card (Installed)

Quote Originally Posted by vtective View Post
    According to Radio Shack, the earbuds (which according to many Vibrant users, are very good) are not included.
    That's pretty weak. $250 for a phone & not even getting tossed a free pair of earbuds?

Nothing is confirmed yet, someone asked this very question on the Sprint forums wait and see what they say, I don't see why it wouldn't be included.

I'll be pissed if there are no earbuds. Seriously, if you are going to charge us $50 more than the Vibrant then you better include what the Vibrant has! (except Avatar, I don't mind)

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

I could care less about earbuds. Seriously people are earbuds really important? Don't you have any? I never use them anyway.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Who cares about the earbuds. As an audiophile, I'd be using some 80 dollar IEMs (which still aren't that good) anyways. But the point is, I still want some included accessories if I'm going to be paying 250 bucks+ the plan for the Epic. A case would be nice though...

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

The other galaxy s phones do not have wiimax, keyboard, front facing cam, camera flash, 16GB MicroSD, dedicated camera button and a notification light. Seems like that's a lot for an extra $50.00. Get some $5.00 headphones. The ones these phones ship with are all cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    The other galaxy s phones do not have wiimax, keyboard, front facing cam, camera flash, 16GB MicroSD, dedicated camera button and a notification light. Seems like that's a lot for an extra $50.00. Geat some $5.00 headphones. The ones these phones ship with are all cheap.
    The Galaxy S headphones aren't cheapos like other phones, they're actually mid/highend ear buds Google the ones for the Vibrant or Captivate and you'll see how good they are. All other phones have a 16GB card or even better built in memory all have a dedicated camera button and an RGB LED notification light costs 85 cents at any local Radio Shack.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: What Comes In The Box?

Quote Originally Posted by vtective View Post
    That really is very weak if true.

Sent From My Samsung Intercept

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sebrina View Post
    The Galaxy S headphones aren't cheapos like other phones, they're actually mid/highend ear buds Google the ones for the Vibrant or Captivate and you'll see how good they are. All other phones have a 16GB card or even better built in memory all have a dedicated camera button and an RGB LED notification light costs 85 cents at any local Radio Shack.
    Built in flash isn't the same as an external 16GB SDcard. Sorry the other Galaxy phones do not have a dedicated camera button.

I could care less about earbuds. Seriously people are earbuds really important? Don't you have any? I never use them anyway.
    Use them everyday. I have several, but none are micro USB so...

Built in flash isn't the same as an external 16GB SDcard. Sorry the other Galaxy phones do not have a dedicated camera button.
    You're right built in flash is faster, a dedicated camera button, meh I can deal with on screen this topic is about the earbuds not what it does or doesn't have compared to other models don't de-rail the thread.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: What Comes In The Box?

Quote Originally Posted by caliskimmer View Post
    Who cares about the earbuds. As an audiophile, I'd be using some 80 dollar IEMs (which still aren't that good) anyways. But the point is, I still want some included accessories if I'm going to be paying 250 bucks+ the plan for the Epic. A case would be nice though...
    But your IEMs don't have a microphone. I am going to try and solder together my pres earbuds microphone with my IM716 IEMs. Hopefully it will work, but I was looking forward to a decent pair from Samsung.

Sent From My Samsung Intercept

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TripleAgent View Post
    Use them everyday. I have several, but none are micro USB so...
    Are they 3.5mm, if so, those will work fine. I never used the ones on the pre, and the Mic is garbage anyways. I constantly complain when my GD uses them on her pre

Quote Originally Posted by Sebrina View Post
    You're right built in flash is faster, a dedicated camera button, meh I can deal with on screen this topic is about the earbuds not what it does or doesn't have compared to other models don't de-rail the thread.
    Actually this thread is about what comes in the box and not what doesn't come in the box. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    Are they 3.5mm, if so, those will work fine. I never used the ones on the pre, and the Mic is garbage anyways. I constantly complain when my GD uses them on her pre
    No, regular USB.

What class/speed do y'all think the included 16GB micro sdhc card will be?

^^ Class 2 would be my guess.

No headphones!!? I'm gonna go kill a few kittens to release built up rage.

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Newman View Post
    No headphones!!? I'm gonna go kill a few kittens to release built up rage.
    Just use that pent up rage to break into the Samsung hq and get us all a free Epic I have plenty of earbuds around the house lol. Hmm...wonder if the ones from my Moment would work?
    -------------------------------------------------|SPRINT|--------------------------------------------------------------
    Red Samsung UpStage
    >Blackberry Pearl 8830>Samsung Moment>Samsung Epic 4G>
    ---------------------|VERIZON|---------------------------------------
    Motorola Droid Bionic>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>HTC Droid DNA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast