Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Default Notification light?

Can anyone find any confirmation that the phone has a notification light? I am unable to find any definite proof that it does.

Thumbs up Sure looks that way...

So I've never seen any written confirmation one way or another, but if you watch many of the videos, including this recent official Sprint video, it sure looks that way, dontcha think?

That video shows a solid light. That seems weird.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

I've watched that video a couple times... Where is the "notification light" a couple of you think you see?

Lightbulb Right here...

See attached, please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notification light?-epic.jpg  

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c64guy View Post
    See attached, please.
    Thanks. I wonder if it could be a light for the front facing camera for video chatting? Maybe not bright enough though, so maybe it is for notification. There are notifications listed in the notification area but sometimes the light is on and other times off.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Please search for the other notification thread. That one actually had some decent information. YES there is a blue light. YES there is a red light. Someone from another forum even said a pink light which would hint that the led also has a green light. If it's rgb, you got a lot of colors to choose from in an app like Handcent.

EDIT: Pink may actually be the red that I was seeing. Anyways, I hope this is a multicolored rgb led.
    Last edited by caliskimmer; 08-14-2010 at 05:44 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Those threads are just speculation. I am looking for some sort of confirmation from Sprint, Samsung or a handon video. So far I have found none.

ROM
    Stock

Seriously? You must be blind then.

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

jamex, this was *in response to you* in a previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by gotthelife4u View Post
    I just watched this video again. If you go to 3:15 you can see the Epic and what looks like a small LED light near the Sprint Logo.

Default Video with an LED

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Those threads are just speculation. I am looking for some sort of confirmation from Sprint, Samsung or a handon video. So far I have found none.
    This video from Phandroid clearly shows an LED. In this instance it is red, probably indicating that it is charging. I've also seen a video with the LED blue. I'd think that would mean it was fully charged. What I haven't been able to find, or confirm, is if the LED blinks for notifications. But I'm sure that it does. It wouldn't make sense not to use it for notifications.

I'm guessing that the reason the Epic has an LED light while the rest of the Galaxy S line does not, is because Sprint requested it.

Last edited by dlwicksell; 08-14-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly." ~GK Chesterton

It has one.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

I just received confirmation from Sprint. It does have notification.
    Last edited by jamex; 08-14-2010 at 11:07 PM.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Actually, the thread was made after we had proof of a notification light, but whatever. The only thing that matters is that we are interested in the topic again