1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

Default Where is the EPIC's External Speaker?

I know where the "earpiece" is, but so far, I've been unable to see on a diagram where the "external speaker" is for hands free use.

Anyone know?

Doesn't appear to be on the back like the EVO one?

Yes...I googled a whole lot to try and figure it out.

I believe it is in the back of the phone at the bottom. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

You are correct. I just found it on the New Egg link listed on another thread since it noted that they had "nice photos".

Also interesting to note that I just read a review where the user said they could hear the phone playing a video outside a large conference room.

This is good for those of us with bad hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    You are correct. I just found it on the New Egg link listed on another thread since it noted that they had "nice photos".

Also interesting to note that I just read a review where the user said they could hear the phone playing a video outside a large conference room.

This is good for those of us with bad hearing.
    LOL thats right ... Good thing about the speaker which I liked from the day I saw it is that the speaker is located on the outside of curve of the protruded lip at the bottom back. That way even if the phone is lying on its back on table, it will still sound better than lets say vibrant and captivate, whose sound gets muffled when placed on its back, since their speakers are on flat of the back. I liked the speaker of my treo pro for the same reason.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: Where is the EPIC's External Speaker?

The speaker on the intercept is in the same place, and the speaker phone works just fine. Somebody had been worried about that in another thread.

Sent From My Samsung Intercept
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

That's another issue I had with the EVO which I returned...lay the EVO on it's back and the speaker was awfully muffled.