Epic 4g Review Floodgates

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I won't really blame samsung for that. I think some might have to do with company specifications but for them not adding that i have no idea

You've got a point. Maybe we will gain some of these features when the phone is upgraded to 2.2. Thanks again for a great review.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Engadget played with the phone for an hour then wrote a full review. They have had at least 4 updates so far for basic things like changing the backlight for the buttons and made no mention that you could change the launcher to Android default. How could you not know that something like the backlight could be customized?

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Engadget played with the phone for an hour then wrote a full review. They have had at least 4 updates so far for basic things like changing the backlight for the buttons and made no mention that you could change the launcher to Android default. How could you not know that something like the backlight could be customized?

Because they're a pretty shoddy operation that is more concerned with getting a review out first than getting a review out right.

Its how they bring in the ad dollars.

Of course, a lot of the blame goes to Samsung for not shipping out review units earlier.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

wait, so you can change the backlight for the capacitative buttons?

nvm, found the answer.

Last edited:

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I've been watching a lot of reviews for this phone and man does the quality of reviews run the gambit! You got shaky cams, out of focus, poor lighting and people who are using the phone for the first time...on camera!

This just makes me appreciate sites like Android Central, Engadget and Pocket Now. It seems like even with a quick review they try to edit and compose something that makes sense.

skygt

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Decided not to add links to other reviews posted by other people, but I did update my first post with IGN's review.

Samsung Epic 4G Review - Gear Review at IGN

Your opinion on the review would depend on how credible you think of IGN. They don't review phones often so when they give one a good score, it means there is enough hype and substance for it =)

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Good review by IGN. My favorite qoute: "All things considered, the Samsung Epic 4G is a solid smartphone, and in many regards, superior to the Epic 4G."

The phone is so good, it's better than itself!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Good review by IGN. My favorite qoute: "All things considered, the Samsung Epic 4G is a solid smartphone, and in many regards, superior to the Epic 4G."

The phone is so good, it's better than itself!

This is now my favorite quote too! It's better than itself and has no other competition would have been better, but sadly, that's not true because there is competition to it.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I really hope you can choose high quality when watching YouTube videos. Damn, I can do it on my stock hero with decent 3g signal strength. There has to be a way....

Business Week also reported no YouTube HD on the EPIC 4G. In a nutshell, HTC has fixed a lo of the bugs since release, but Samsung is just releasing the phone. So, you'll have to wait a bit

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Business Week also reported no YouTube HD on the EPIC 4G. In a nutshell, HTC has fixed a lo of the bugs since release, but Samsung is just releasing the phone. So, you'll have to wait a bit

I'm absolutely shocked that the Epic wont have youtube HD, just doesn't make sense..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci