Epic 4G -- Got questions? Ask them here!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Seems that everyone has questions about the Epic 4G, so let's gather them all up in one spot, and we will try to answer them!

I'm going to start -- Are the keyboard keys backlit? Inquiring minds wanna know!

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused Gbhil- do you have a phone? How are you answering the questions and why don't you know if the keyboard keys are backlit if you have one? (Isn't there video proving they were at CTIA?)

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Keys do look backlit from the videos I've been hunting down. I'm curious about musicplayer on the lockscreen, that is such a handy feature and be a shame if it doesn't have that.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused Gbhil- do you have a phone? How are you answering the questions and why don't you know if the keyboard keys are backlit if you have one? (Isn't there video proving they were at CTIA?)

They weren't at CTIA. I have a phone, I'll answer the questions, and, yes, the keys are lighted.

debello

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Does Sprint TV work with the composite video, because hooking this up to the entertainment system in my car would be great for lunch break ESPN fix.

Cinnamongirl

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Spell check?

The only thing keeping me from buying this phone is the Android's lack of spell check. I have a blackberry tour and an ipod touch, the spell check on the itouch is horrible. I need a good, dependable spell check. Is there an app available? Is the lack of a comprehensive spell check just a rumor, am I misiniformed?

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The only thing keeping me from buying this phone is the Android's lack of spell check. I have a blackberry tour and an ipod touch, the spell check on the itouch is horrible. I need a good, dependable spell check. Is there an app available? Is the lack of a comprehensive spell check just a rumor, am I misiniformed?

If you use the soft keyboard, there is spell check (far better than the iPhone's, btw). There's no spell check on the keyboard (at least, not standard), maybe someone else around here knows about a downloadable app.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
-how does the music player look since samsung did not include theirs? No landscape coverflow rite? Stock Android?

-how does the screen shapness compare to lcd screens? Does the pentile matrix in AMOLED impact the sharpness of the display? (eg. Jagged text, blurrier graphics)

-coming from a SenseUI device, does it feel like you are missing out in added features?

Lookn4Me

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
How is signal strength?

I have now seen many reviews & am getting excited :) I would however like to know how the signal phone strength is. I have had many Samsung phones in the past, where I have had mostly terrible signal strength compared to other phones. Anyone know??:cool:

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can you please post the screen shots of lock screen with missed call notifications and music player app. Also, does the music player has its controls embedded in notification menu and lock screen as well?

drive45

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you run a Quadrant test on the phone? I am curious if it has the same I/O issue as the Captivate and Vibrant or if it might have flash memory instead of SD which could speed it up.

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
how does the video/audio recording compare to the iphone 4? is it right behind it? does the epic records at 30 fps?

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
They weren't at CTIA. I have a phone, I'll answer the questions, and, yes, the keys are lighted.

My apologies- I forgot the 4 differentiated phones were announced later at the Samsung event in June was it? You see one trade show video after another and it all blurs together.

I've heard the custom changeable font support found in the vibrant/Captivate may not have made it into the epic- is that true? Actually, it'd be nice if Samsung would just provide a grid of the software differences.

Can you still customize the app tray moving the apps wherever you want- say on another page like the vibrant/captivate?

Has samsung suggested these omissions from Epic may be addressed in a software update in the future?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae