Epic Homepage Customization

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
define delete? Take them off the phone entirely? no, not without root. Take them off the screen? sure, easily. Long-press and drag down to a trash can that appears.

icons can be moved around, pages to my current knowledge, can't be with this galaxy s phone.

showmrock

May 25, 2010
Visit site
define delete? Take them off the phone entirely? no, not without root. Take them off the screen? sure, easily. Long-press and drag down to a trash can that appears.

icons can be moved around, pages to my current knowledge, can't be with this galaxy s phone.

Delete I mean removed from homepage. Don't understand the second part to your statement though. I think you're saying I can move icons around but not pages. I thought moving pages was a feature exclusive to Touchwiz...hmm

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but doesn't seem to be included in this version... may have something to do with landscape? I dunno, I can't confirm or deny it as I don't have the phone, but no one has produced a how-to add/remove pages on the Epic specifically.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, that's gone too? I just thought removing of homepages was gone- but no reordering of them either? They removed (or never put in) ANY of the customization of TW3 at all!

I wanna cry...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, that's gone too? I just thought removing of homepages was gone- but no reordering of them either? They removed (or never put in) ANY of the customization of TW3 at all!

I wanna cry...

*tissue*

you can still manually move all your widgets, and its isn't confirmed yet that there is absolutely no way to do it. I don't take BGR or Engadget as experts in android/touchwiz.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

I wanna cry...

How often were you planning on moving your homescreens around? o_O And they didn't remove all of the customizations...the entire phone is touchwiz (minus music player), if they removed everything it would be stock android, and it definitely is not

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
What is it with this forum? Any time someone complains about a "feature" that is dropped some poster tries to play it off like it's no big deal and I should be happy this phone even works. Are most of the members in the samsung forums employees of Samsung or Sprint?

I have no idea how much I'd use the ability to move an entire page- but when I set up 5 pages on my Evo- and set it as a theme- I wanted to then make some significant edits and save that as another option. Being able to move the order of the homescreen would have saved me a LOT of time. I actually found that since I couldn't move homescreens, and that often moving widgets and apps to already populated screens was more difficult than starting from a blank screen- I actually created my alternates from scratch with no icons / widgets at all. So, yeah the option is pretty nice to have for someone who likes to customize change things up a bit.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people complain about the lack of tw features. Touchwiz sucks anyway. I'm just glad the epic doesn't lag like the other phones, and I'm going to run launcher pro plus. Throw in beautiful widget weather and you're golden.

Why is anyone even giving tw a second thought wen there are much better launchers and widgets ot there?

I'm a little pissed about the lock screen, but it isn't a big deal. I would be pissed about the mediavplayer, but I'm going to use pandora instead anyway.

If it doesn't playback mkvs like the other gs phones though, that will make me send it back.

Sent From My Samsung Intercept

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
No, I have no interest in working for Samsung or majoring in network communications. I think their point is that if there's a problem, don't complain, fix it! I would be looking at other options for another carrier, but I'm stuck on Sprint for now.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
That G2 is sweet. HSPA+ and a solid keyboard- sign me up. 3.7" screen? Ewww. Forget it. That alone killed it for me.

I'm sure it surprises people- but I LIKE touchwiz on Vibrant/Captivate. I think it's a LOT better than Launcher pro and the like...when it's not nerfed like the Epic. Also running Launchers tax the memory and speed of the phone because they run as well as Touchwiz. Now if I could turn off TW completely and launcher pro ran like butter instead of some hacked app I'd consider it- but I really felt it was subpar in how it ran on the EVO at launch and I switched quickly back to sense. I liked the options, hated the lack of stability.

Touchwiz on Vibrant had all the options I wanted- and I could tolerate the funny colored boxes in the app tray- but Epic trashed most of what made TW worth having, and kept what people didn't want (iphone app tray icons)

thatguitarguy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I like touchwiz as far as I've played around with it. The only thing that I'm really bummed about is the media player being stock. It not only looked great, but I heard it was great in terms of normal operation.

Daily briefing is a bummer too, but I can deal with it.

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people complain about the lack of tw features. Touchwiz sucks anyway. I'm just glad the epic doesn't lag like the other phones, and I'm going to run launcher pro plus. Throw in beautiful widget weather and you're golden.

Why is anyone even giving tw a second thought wen there are much better launchers and widgets ot there?

I'm a little pissed about the lock screen, but it isn't a big deal. I would be pissed about the mediavplayer, but I'm going to use pandora instead anyway.

If it doesn't playback mkvs like the other gs phones though, that will make me send it back.

Sent From My Samsung Intercept

Agreed 100%

HTC Sense is the only custom UI I would keep on a android phone. All the other ones look horrible (Touchwiz, Moto Blur, Whatever is on that Sony Android phone).

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Agreed 100%

HTC Sense is the only custom UI I would keep on a android phone. All the other ones look horrible (Touchwiz, Moto Blur, Whatever is on that Sony Android phone).

+1 i agree all the way i prefer vanilla android over any custom ui but sense UI is definitely the only other custom UI i like.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The samsung widgets are actually quite useful, and I can see myself using them, except for the fct that they are so damn ugly. I am going to be using third party alternatives anyway, just for the look.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what you guys are talking about with the TW issues in the past . Maybe sprint had a good reason to run 2.5 . Maybe 3.0 had to many bugs and they felt like sending the phone out and working on those issues for and update. What i do wonder is why people complain about aphone when there's always AN APP for that .:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman