1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone know if you can customize the row on the bottom?

I've seen some yes answers and some no answers to this. I love the way I can keep what I want front and center on my iPhone. Not a huge deal to lose this, but can't imagine doing away with customization.

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You could gain it back using a different launcher. You loose the Samsung widgets, but you can find other widgets in the market to match or exceed usability of the samsung ones.

To answer your question... unknown yet. But the reviewers who have the phone can't figure them out if there is a way. My guess would be no, but some have said you can in landscape mode.

There is not an option to edit the launcher bar in either portrait or landscape. Sorry

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

You can disable touchwiz and get the plain old ugly Android. You loose the dock completely and the samsung widgets. IMO touchwiz is much better.

install launcher pro, that's what I did. it has a scrolling dock that displays 5 icons at a time. While I haven't changed any yet, got too many other things to do, I have done a long press on one just to see and they can be changed.

I think what bothers me more than not being able to customize the bottom icons (since I think I would've kept it the same anyways) is:
    a) not being able to customize the order of apps in the app menu
    b) not being able to add/remove/rearrange homescreens

Both a) and b) are available in other Galaxy S phones... C'mon, Samsung!

+1 for Launcher Pro. Also get beautiful widgets

I just downloaded launcher pro plus and I can't get the contacts button to do anything on the launcher. all it does is say unable to launch the request activity. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    Official EB13 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by vertcobra99 View Post
    I just downloaded launcher pro plus and I can't get the contacts button to do anything on the launcher. all it does is say unable to launch the request activity. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Had the same problem.

-- Hold the Contacts icon
    -- Select "Change Shortcut"
    -- Select "Applications"
    -- Select "Contacts"

Then use the "Luncher Pro" icons to match the others.

HTH

how do i set launcher pro as default on epic? thanks
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jbluther View Post
    Had the same problem.

-- Hold the Contacts icon
    -- Select "Change Shortcut"
    -- Select "Applications"
    -- Select "Contacts"

Then use the "Luncher Pro" icons to match the others.

HTH
    Luncher Pro? What is that? The winner of a hot dog eating contest?

Quote Originally Posted by ercsliberty View Post
    how do i set launcher pro as default on epic? thanks
    Press the home button. When it gives you a choice of the different launchers, select the check box at the bottom that makes it the "default for this action".

If it's too late for that, then it's in the menus.

Go to the home screen, hit menu, settings, Applications, Launcher Pro. Maybe it will let you set it under the defaults?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdqnoc View Post
    I think what bothers me more than not being able to customize the bottom icons (since I think I would've kept it the same anyways) is:
    a) not being able to customize the order of apps in the app menu
    b) not being able to add/remove/rearrange homescreens

Both a) and b) are available in other Galaxy S phones... C'mon, Samsung!
    Hopefully the TW 3.0 and Froyo updates come soon and bring these features! So far, TW 2.5 is fine except not being able to customize the bottom icons. It's absurd that something this simple and obvious was not implemented.