I had one in my hands today...

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
But only for a few minutes, and I absolutely loved it. The weight & thickness was very comfortable. When I dropped it in my shirt pocket, it hardly felt any different than if it was my Pre. The slider mechanism operated smoothly & flawlessly. The screen was stunning! and... it was very responsive to gestures. I have no Android experience so maybe I was needlessly impressed by the camera controls, but they were pretty cool. The picture video transfer via DLNA was *FAST*!

When I recall the experience I felt when picking up the EVO (another fantastic phone) there's no doubt that even without the kickstand (lol), this one is for me. I'm an average sized guy and this phone just plain fits my hand the way I hoped it would, I say that because that extra .3 inches on the EVO made if feel just to big.

Even though I have to wait a while before I can pick one up, I'm certainly very excited to get one!!

David...

PS; Apparently content purchased through their media hub cannot be played via DLNA... go figure... :confused:

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification on the .3... All I can say is that it *felt* smaller in the hand, and for me the *feel* factor is important... although I do wish it had a kickstand... it just seems like such a cool feature!

David...

Mr. Obama

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification on the .3... All I can say is that it *felt* smaller in the hand, and for me the *feel* factor is important... although I do wish it had a kickstand... it just seems like such a cool feature!

David...

could not have said it better myself.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
PS; Apparently content purchased through their media hub cannot be played via DLNA... go figure...

LMAO! I have to admit I figured they'd do this since it's a high quality download... (iphone/ipod is composite only to TV)

Still, this is silly- with the prices they're charging, you're better off buying a DVD ripping it onto the phone yourself. If they allowed DLNA MAYBE I'd rent or buy a thing or 2- but to relegate it to phone only and have it more expensive than most rentals, they're just nuts now.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Probably feels smaller because of the rounded corners.

And when the Evo came out, the notion of a phone with a kickstand seemed completely absurd to me. Now that I'm probably getting the Epic.... I find myself wishing it had a kickstand!

Looks like crow's on the menu for dinner tonight. Oh well.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see one in person and hold it in my hand before I judge it. But I did play with the captivated and really didn't dig it. I know that there are some that believe the hardware is better than the EVO, but I don't see it. When I look at the CAptivated and the EVO side by side, the EVO seems like a superior device. Maybe I'm biased, but that's my perspective. Lastly, the physical keyboard is a minus for me. I love using my compact qwerty keyboard on my EVO. A physical keyboard would provide me he same level of typing experience and I would have to deal with the sliding mechanism failing. And it would add bulk to the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781